My Mother-In-Law is seeing the light!

by brotherdan 37 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Those that show faith in Christ. That's it. Sometimes it's not apparent for a long time. If we WERE chosen before the creation of the world like Eph 1 says, then it is inevitable that we will eventually become a true Christian. We can use our discernment to see those that have chosen a life course that SHOWS that they are saved.

But how am I to know that the most militant atheist will not one day come to Christ? Lee Strobel was a huge atheist. But he eventually was called to Christ. So I cannot stand in judgement of anyone.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

So how do you know your wife is being called if she isn't a Christian yet? Not trying to rain on your parade, because it's TERRIFIC news.... but is there any chance that she may just be opening her mind to reason now that she has a second opinion that the WT is BS? I'm just wondering.

I couldn't believe it! I knew that I wouldn't be the one to help my wife, but I knew the spirit would use SOMEONE. Never would've thought it would be my MIL.
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

is there any chance that she may just be opening her mind to reason now that she has a second opinion that the WT is BS? I'm just wondering.

I see what your saying. I just have to assume that it's the answer to my prayers unless shown otherwise. My wife has a strong faith in God. I can only hope and pray that she sticks to Christ and does not give Him up.

I know this sounds like gibberish to non-Christians. So that is not lost on me. But I can only hope that she is being drawn out by the same Spirit spoken of in Ephesians.

And you are not raining on my parade. I've just been praying about this for so long that it is exciting to actually see it happening.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, I guess I should clarify. I can't really judge people as who is Christian and who is not. I should be more careful about that. I think that there is a possibility of people that are JWs that are Christians. They haven't gotten out yet, but they have faith in Jesus as their savior and not the Watchtower organization.

• nugget
    nugget

when people leave the WT idealogy they need some space to think and regroup. Sometimes just being there for them whilst they thrash out their thoughts is enough. I found I needed clear water in which to assess where I went from here and still find my ideas and thoughts changing daily, being reshaped. The priority is to get family members thinking for themselves and exiting, remember there is no rush to salvation, there is after all no armaegeddon so give them time and space.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Great advice, nugget. I am really trying to take my time. I'm not pushing anything on my MIL or wife. I just want to keep an encouraging note to things even when they are losing the 1 stable thing that they've both had in their life.

• Ding
    Ding

BD,

I've sent you a PM.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Ok, thanks for the reply, Dan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit