Paul, leading authority on Christianity, does NOT quote Jesus!

by Terry 204 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can't see leaving the WT and going to all the bother only to embrace religious thinking that sounds so much like the Witnesses. Everyone can spiin the Bible in Western society. Other people don't need to be corrected with condescension. Just my personal view.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    God leaves someone exposed who also claims to be God by removing the God Spirit factor so that a minor character can whomp him.....

Which is yet another reason why the whole "trinity" thing is utter nonsense, dear designs (peace to you!). My Lord did call out: "Eli, Eli, lama sabacthani?" And he wasn't talking to himself, so...

But trying to get a died-in-the-wool trinitarian to "see" that is another thing altogether.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, guys, seriously, you need to leave that whole WT definition of the trinity behind, just let is go ok !

I am not a trinitarian and even I know that the Trinity does NOT say that Jesus is God ( the father).

If God is designated by YHWH then the trinity is this:

YHWH X Jesus X The HS = The perfect union of God.

God is God because "He" is God.

Jesus is God because being begotten of God makes Jesus God, just as being begotten of Man makes us Man.

The HS is the spirit of God, hence it is God.

If we view the HS as Being Jesus as you do Shelby then even that would still equal it/Jesus being God.

The trinity is about the NATURE of God, not the identity of God.

• designs
    designs

PS- it all sounds like the tragic parody of so many Greek stories.

Perseus unbound...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS- it all sounds like the tragic parody of so many Greek stories.
    Perseus unbound...

Speaking of which, have you seen the remake of Clash of the Titans? excellent FX and a must see on Blu-Ray with an LED !

• jay88
    jay88

Damn Sac, you have a LED? is it 3-D too?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have a 55" LED from LG, I got it for my wife for Christmas.

It is 3D ready but I am NOT a huge fan of 3D.

I never thought I would n otice the diffference, I had a 46" LCD from Samsung before, but DAMN !

It blows me away the difference I see even in regular HD movies, but Blu-ray is just something else.

• jay88
    jay88

I know where I'm watching the Super Bowl.

I'll bring the pork-rinds

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dude...I don't know whether to be impressed or scared !!

LOL !

• designs
    designs

The BIG 55er! I'll break a commandment or two here and be jealous.

Clash Of The Titans is great and fun............I try to squeeze it in between Bible Study readings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit