BBC news re Nathan Phillips xjw

by Curtains 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

bugger! 31 minutes to late!

hope somone recorded it!

oz

they just can't bring themselves to use the word ''shunning' can they? The disfellowshipping 'arrangement' as per the Feb WT.

Shunnn, shu, shu, hunn... oh crap, disfellowship!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You should be able to replay the show after it finishes in 20 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_somerset_sound/20110126

What time was it on?

• wobble
    wobble

Started after the news at ten a.m GMT , on that news bulletin they mentioned the Nathan Phillips story, so listen to that as well if you like.

They included the story in the news at 12 just now too !

• wobble
    wobble

Please e-mail Emma Britton with your comments, I just did so, complimented her on the programme, and gave her a link to jwfacts excellent article on shunning.

[email protected]

• nugget
    nugget

BBC Radio Somerset listen again (show title something about birds) segment about 1 hour in.

• cantleave
  • bigmac
    bigmac

well done cantleave, international fame last----sorry about your motor---give J a big hug xx

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Curtains

Posted on Amelia Ashton's similar thread a short while ago. Managed to listen to the whole show on iPlayer. I think that the programme was very balanced and dignified.

Pathetic that no one from WT HQ, local elders or Nathan's family (except his never-a-JW dad) were willing or able to comment - I think that fact will not go unnoticed by the listeners.

I've just had an email from presenter Emma Britton thanking me for my email thanking her for presenting such an enlihghtening broadcast. She's a modest woman, and said that all thanks should go to Tammy, the lady that interviewed Nathan.

lifelong humanist

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Here's a recording of the piece that can be downloaded or listened to on line. I let the recording run a little long because there is a good comment from a listener after the song...

https://www.box.net/shared/7bdu0jvajm

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Woo hoo Cantleave, right from the horses mouth. Can you believe how much they lie at Bethel.

Well Angus if you weren't already d'fed...you would be now. Thanks for having the courage to go public, well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit