Video and pictures just coming in from the world wide protest!

by koolaid-man 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

So you think that Rick cares for his ego SO much that he goes out during the day to stand in public

Yes.

Dan, you're not out of the Borg yet. You still come across as a brash young JW brother who thinks he knows it all. Give yourself a chance to leave the JWs and have some time to breathe before you make any brash statements.

I've been out for more than a decade. I've seen guys like Rick before, and nothing comes from it except a stroking of their ego. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of exJWs out there in the world are doing their own thing in their own way. Some exJWs have websites such as this one. Some have Facebook pages dedicated to spreading the exJW message.

But no one is better than anyone else. Just different. I don't agree with Rick's methods because of the way he runs his website and portrays himself. But that's just my opinion. Just as you have yours. No better, no worse. Just different.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Ex-Jws protesting have about the same effect the clowns had in vietnam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wm72oqsYqA&feature=related

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Dan, you're not out of the Borg yet. You still come across as a brash young JW brother who thinks he knows it all. Give yourself a chance to leave the JWs and have some time to breathe before you make any brash statements.

If you followed ANYTHING that I've said in the past, you will see that I don't think I know it all. And I've changed my opinion many times because of things that people have said on this site. However...it is easy to insult people that you don't agree with. You don't know Rick. You don't know that he is stroking his ego. If you get to know Rick and say "I've known people like Rick before and he is...blahblahblah" then I'll listen to you. But you are just blowing air. You don't know Rick. You don't know his motivations. You are just pulling what you say out of the air. Good for you.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Dan, I doubt you know Rick either.

Before you get on your high horse, get yourself out of the Borg. Have the guts to tell the elders where to go.

Until then, you're like a precocious little 7 year who's yelling because the adults are laughing at his funny little tantrum.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Talking from emotions and feelings can be dangerouse sometimes its ok in a love situation but at this point u must speak from the heart and not your emotions or strong feelings cause as u can tell although u both like each other its hard to tell

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm not on a high horse. I just don't agree with judging someone that you don't know and saying that they are only doing what they do to stroke their own ego. To me, that sounds like a precocious little 7 yar old that is yelling because the adults are laughing at his funny little tantrum.

IF you knew me, you would know that I am FULLY out of the borg in all but name. I am holding my family together despite many problems that have happen and despite the advice by most of my friends to get out of it. My family is number 1 and I will not lose them without a fight. If that is the action of a 7 year old, then fine. I will accept the title.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sorry Dan, but your thread about the elder's shepherding visit smacks of indecisiveness. I know how hard it is to leave, but there comes a time when you need to make a decision about the JWs. Standing up to the elders doesn't mean you lose your temper or throw F-bombs at them.

But it does mean there comes a time when you have to stand up for what you believe in.

But in time, you will see that there are some exJWs who do like their egos stroked. It's human nature. Just as some JWs like to have their egos stroked. Leaving the JWs doesn't always change this. And I see that in Rick.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    The good thing is we all have different ways of of expressing ourselves. The sum total of all of these ways hopefully will add up to collapsing The Watchtower Organization

Very good point K-man. You never know what will get someone out. But then again it isn't all about getting people out. It is also about informing people about the Watchtower before they fall for the lies. If someone is approached by a witness and the message they are hearing sounds pretty good on the surface they may remember seeing the signs do a little research before they get involved.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

it almost sounds like were witnessing like the jws except from door to door. cause thats still best way unless we get better at using the tecnoligy the society doesnt and do it before the change their mind.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hey!! if it`s posted here on the internet it`s a worldwide protest isn`t it ??

or am I just being naive

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit