Video and pictures just coming in from the world wide protest!

by koolaid-man 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

OMG, "world-wide", lolololololol.....

Get a grip mate. I'll call it "world-wide" when I see pics from Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia etc.

Until then, keep swimming around in your little fish bowl.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

its interesting the same lack of support in exposing wt is the same lack world wide about anything that were pissed off about or maybe feel very strongly about. that is why the world is in the sad condition its in. we all complain to each other look for sapport amoung those who we think feel the way we do. But it seems the human being in genral is afraid to be judged, that no one will believe, or someone else will do it. when most feel this way then things dont move or move so slowly u cant tell its got any support. so with wt society, economy, politics, and every thing else that sucks no real change will happen until people truly speak up and pull together.

So lets Just wait for someone else to do it as we sit down and watch nothing happen!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWOOWWW that was deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Happydad never says anything nice.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

i dont believe i ever went door to door for god. I went cause i felt it was expected of me by the org. To bad we didnt go door to door with atleast the courage we had, so as to let people know about jw. we would probably get more listners and wouldnt need return visits cause word of mouth would take over

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You don't need to participate in protests to "expose" the WTS. Most JWs will either ignore you and/or think you're a nutjob.

Just talking to friends and family about your experience with the JWs is enough. Living a happy life is the best revenge.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

broken promises

I do beleive what u stated was true and wise. I do think some feel they must do more not only for themselves!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Living a happy life is the best revenge.

Fail.

Tell that to people that are suffering due to political oppression, hunger, violence, etc... Tell them, "Well I get the best revenge for you by living a happy life." That is a weak and sad statement made by a sad and weak person that is justifying their own lack of action. Kudos to "Rules and Regulations". We all are sitting here whining on our computers about the evils of the Watchtower while people like Rick are out in 20 degree weather trying to warn people about this cult.

While I think that there are some sensationalist things that are promoted on Ricks site and conf call, I think he is a real Christian that is trying to do his part in exposing this evil organization. And to those that want to mock him for it (i.e Broken Promises, HappyDad, Outlaw, etc...), you only make yourselves look weak.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Dan,

You are taking my words out of context. The best revenge against the WTS is to live a happy life despite them. Happy now?

And calling anyone who doesn't go out in meaningless protests or put up sensationalist websites "weak" is speaking from ignorance.

I do speak out against the WTS, in my own way and in my own time. I don't have the need to put up posts to advertise what I've done or said to people. I've seen the results of my efforts and I'm happy with that. I don't need the applause from strangers to stroke my ego.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So you think that Rick cares for his ego SO much that he goes out during the day to stand in public, warning people about the dangers of the religion, and that he is doing something wrong?

I don't see protesting as being extremely effective either. But if Rick was able to help keep one person from joining this cult, then all his effort was worth it.

Rick will tell you that I have had words for him regarding his method of swaying people. But at the same time, he is DOING something. He is doing what he knows how to do to help other people. And to chalk this all up to "stroking his ego" is absolutely rediculous.

I re-read my previous post and it did sound too harsh. But I take issue with people that are condemning someone for trying to do something good. He is trying to be a part of the solution. Maybe he allows too much attention on sensationalist arguments. But he is trying to give a platform with anyone that has something to say against the org. I think his structure should be tightened up, but he is trying to do something positive.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Lets just spead the love and stive to understand each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit