1984 WT cover -- Watchtower's Final Failed Prediction?

by FatFreek 2005 97 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

Might I suggest once more that someone should try contacting the user Frank Toth (fjtoth) concerning this Watchtower cover?

He was at Bethel for decades, and might know who the unknown person is, and might be able to confirm the other names as well.

• wisedup
    wisedup

Can't help feeling a little P.O.-ed as well as MAD! I can't help thinking my time would have better spent studying the pages of MAD magazine.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi VM44,

Might I suggest once more that someone should try contacting the user Frank Toth (fjtoth) concerning this Watchtower cover?

Hmmm ... yes, I remember you have already suggested that -- my bad! I'll PM him, then create a special thread to have him look at the PM.

Thanks for being persistent.

Len

• dgp
    dgp

You know, the presence of Alfred E. Neuman on that cover lends credibility to the Watchtower. Most certainly he won't pass away.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hey, FatFreek, why are the Steinmans shown as "Mr. and "Mrs."? Where they not bona fide JWs?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Room 215,

I thought of using Bro and Sis but -- hey, at the time of the photo, they no longer carried that status since I got outta there in 1978. Even today, I don't have that feeling of brotherhood as I'm still out. No disrespect to either, however, as they were doing (as I was) what they thought was correct. Similarly, I can't bring myself to calling the priest at the local Catholic church, Father Immanuel.

It is thought, however, that he was disfellowshipped after leaving Bethel and it is speculated, naturally (after all, he was elderly), that he disassociated himself or df'd because of apostasy. Either way, hooray for him.

Len

• brotherdan
  • the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

1914 - The Generation That Passed Away Believing A Lie

• Borgia
    Borgia

What? A lie? Of course not. Those guys are alive and kicking ..... invisibly in heaven sitting on their big asses waiting till they can step on some dragon.

Cheers

Borgia

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

FatFreek 2005,

I just wanted to let you know that the names of the Steemans on this cover of the WT (the chiropractor and his wife) was Willis and Louise.

They lived in N.C. for a time in the 1970's.

I may have her name misspelled but his name most certainly was Willis.

I asked a friend that is a little older than me that was in same congregation in N.C. with them about the spelling of their last name and he said he feels sure that it was Steeman. I always thought it was Steiman but according to him it was 2 E's in the last name.

Thought I'd pass that along to you if it would help in any way.

The odd thing is I did a Google search on his name and got nothing about land ownership in N.C.

So I asked two others that were in his congregation in N.C. and they both said his name was Willis.

Only thing I can figure is he either didn't own the property were he was located and rented it or it was listed in another name.

And if I 've got the story straight it was after he left bethel that he and his wife went back to Florida.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit