1984 WT cover -- Watchtower's Final Failed Prediction?

by FatFreek 2005 97 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I woke up to the BS coming from the Watchtower Publishing & Real Estate Co.

Thats a good one

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The unnerving problem now for the WTS is before when doctrinal proclamations and teachings became invalid,

they would simple not put them into publication and ask that these pieces of literature be taken off the shelfs of the Kingdom Halls.

Now with the advent of the inter-net all of these publications or easily assessable, exposing the corruption and deceitfulness of the organization itself.

And most likely in the past they had the foresight realized within themselves that they could accomplish distancing themselves

on proclamations that were untrue, instituting we now have come into new light.

The game is more difficult to play now for the inter-net has directly involuntarily changed the rules.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Got it. Since I use Google Chrome I just went into Options / Under The Hood / Clear Browsing Data / Last Week

The corrected image now appears.

Len

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry for the delay, FatFreek.

Brother Ulrich and I worked in the same department at one time. He was a comic and, as I recall, a nice, down-to-earth guy.

Forty years ago ...

Take care and thanks for the info,

CoCo

Edited to add:

Sophie was our nurse, as I remember, and a sweet, Gracie Allen type. Ann Rose was a friend and made me a hat that was the exact same color as my hair (I had to avoid her on our walk to the factory as she always asked where it was on a cold winter's morn). Johnny Erichetti was in the 2nd [?] class of Gilead and went to Alaska ...

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi CoCo,

What a wealth of info that you former Bethelites have. We're so fortunate to have you.

Thanks. That now gives us some 94% completion of the 1984 Watchtower cover puzzle.

Len

ps to All: We're still looking for the identity of brother 8. Please help if you can. Refer to page 1 of this thread to see if you can recognize him.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

If #8 is unidentified, how do you know he's deceased? See? They could still be right!!

Probably not though.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Let's start a fund to put this image on billboards next to roads leading to district conventions.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've always found this WT cover very sad...

FatFreek - I thought I'd have a go at copying it, right-clicked, and amongst my options (bear in mind I'm not the most techy person) was send via Bluetooth - so I gave it a whirl, and now have the image on my mobile phone, lol (could be useful)

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Very clever, MidWichCuckoo. You may be able to download an updated image.

I hope before the day is done, perhaps tomorrow, we'll have the matrix all filled. Thanks to one of our favorite posters (and he's proven, researcher) we may have No. 8. We'll also have dates of their passing for most, if not all. We also now have several names corrected, as to spelling errors.

I haven't done much thinking about formatting the list other than the following. Name and date of passing:

John Doe (large font) 1999 (smaller, but readable font)

Any thoughts?

Len

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

...gave me the naughty thought of IF you happen to be at an Assembly/Meeting, it would be possible to Bluetooth it (amongst other things) to whoever had their mobile phone's Bluetooth on. Hey Presto, a new way of preaching to Dubs :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit