So an 8 year old is killed by a machine-gun and it's no ones fault?

by Simon 165 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

Wontleave -- "With enough legislation and loss of liberty, the government will protect us from ourselves and we will have nothing to fear."

haha, you see me mocking your black/white rethoric and you debunk it with more black/white rethoric!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I'm merely pointing out absurdity by being absurd. Responding in kind to sarcasm and hyperbole. See how it's not convincing and just obnoxious? How it adds nothing to the conversation? How it only preaches to its own choir? How it's only self-indulgent arrogance?

• bohm
    bohm

FHN, or that dumbass liberal european president who lied to the UN about some weapons to invade some country in the middle east!

so when the international community got all fired up and send in their troops who then ended up fighting a crappy war which at the end of the day seem to be all about securing his crappy european countries oil supply and give him a presidential legacy.

yah, jesus christ, the only way to prevent morons like that to stay in power is to either arm your citizens with enough firepower they can overthrow the democratically elected government and install one of their own, because THATS usually a success.

or alternative, have voters who are sufficiently intelligent to not vote for such an idiot in the first place.

...and given i wouldnt trust a person who vote for such an idiot with a toothpick let alone a tank, i would prefer option #2!

But hey, given this happened in europe and you didnt vote for that joke, so its not your problem dude!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

BOHM, huh?

• bohm
    bohm

WontLeave -- well, we should properly agree to disagree. Ill let these quotes stand, since we can both agree they represent your belief in and regard for your fellow citizen and the democratic process:

The 2nd Amendment implies equal ams for citizens as for government. When the choppers with miniguns come for you, do you really want to have to defend yourself with your deer rifle and .25 handgun? The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting, collecting, or even crime prevention: It's about killing army guys

Now, if you want to argue RPGs, tanks, body armor, anti-aircraft weapons, hand grenades, etc... I'm on board.

• bohm
    bohm

FHN, it was a comment to your remark about autobahns and the general lack of freedom in most of europe. The president i am referring to has initials GWB, i believe he was president of a former brittish colony before he went bananas :-).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think there is not speed limit on the autoban. GWB. I didn't vote for him. Have had a few things to say about the man on this very forum. Nothing very flattering. I think he picked a good, long suffering democrat for a wife though.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    In most countries, it usually refers to the German autobahn specifically. The advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of the German autobahn is 130 km/h (80 mph), but there is no general speed limit.

The German Autobahn.

• bohm
    bohm

I remember it very clearly -- oh its good to argue politics, you can leave the brain at the hat-rack and just assure yourself you are right. actually it dosnt even require that, you just need to know the other person is wrong ;-).

the autobahn is crazy to drive on. if there is anything to evolution germany will have super cardrivers in a hundred years!

Every family over here has a story about how they crossed germany in some minimal amount of time, often after driving like 10 hours straight, and allways with some vague justification: "otherwise we would have missed the ferry and had to wait 3 hours!"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Bill Maher had something recently poignant to say about the American gun craze.

Here is a torrent link that people who know how to use torrents can download to watch this particular segment of

The Tonight Show starring Jay Leno

http://extratorrent.com/torrent_download/2356247/Jay.Leno.2011.01.11.Bill.Maher.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi.torrent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit