1984 WT cover, 1914 Gen That Will Not Pass -- How many of 16 alive today?

by FatFreek 2005 71 Replies latest social current

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think it is actually a lovely idea to put names to the people on that cover. They are no longer 'nameless' or 'generic' JWs (like "Andre") but actual real people. They aren't actors as is so often the case with all things scripted in the media.

Now you can look at that cover and feel truly sorry for them and their families for having wasted time in this cult.

This 1984 cover also shows just how messed up this organization is for having to change their definition of 'this generation' because it just hasn't panned out for them. And it's all in living colour graphically and written down in black and white for everyone to see.

The cover with the dead children's pictures on it is total tasteless propaganda. I think anyone outside of the Borg would recoil at it and be sickened by it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh... and one other thing I wanted to mention....

NO ONE in my family born on or before 1914 is alive. Not one. Time is the enemy for this organization.

• wobble
    wobble

But Heaven, you overlap with them don't you? so you are part of the same generation that is now dead and gone, evidently.

This all fits in with the contention I have, that I have not left the religion, it has left me, it now teaches nothing it taught when I was a kid in the fifties, as far as unique doctrine goes.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I suppose it is quite possible that several of these folks were still living 11 years later when the WT flip flopped on their bedrock 1914 generation doctrine. If so, you can be sure it didn't go unnoticed by them as it seemed to have been by most JWs.

• Heaven
    Heaven

But Heaven, you overlap with them don't you? so you are part of the same generation that is now dead and gone, evidently.

Oh crap! Quickly checking for a pulse here..... oh, whew. Still there. But then, evidently, I am now the walking dead?!

All this over-flapping has left me thirsty... I need a beer.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Third row from the back or the middle row: second from left - man - Steiman. He was the chiropractor. Heard that he was later dfd (not for apostasy).

At his age, how'd he get DF'd, and not for apostacy? What could a 90 something year old man get DF'd for?

• Gregor
    Gregor

At his age, how'd he get DF'd, and not for apostacy? What could a 90 something year old man get DF'd for?

I'll bet he could do it if he tried. Being a chiropractor he might have been adjusting something and slipped.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I think I've finally got them straight despite the thickness of my skull. I finally discerned Barb's rows were as they are facing the camera at that time. If there are any conflicts I'm sure ya'll will correct me. I do not want this lost to posterity -- or errors. Sorry Ossie, due to our lack of a working PM system, I went ahead and finished the last 4 up on my end.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

JW Alibis for this infamous cover.

1. We didn't say Jehovah said it. (remember the children's game, Simon Says?
    2. We make mistakes.
    3. We never said we are perfect.
    4. We don't make prophecies.
    5. We only follow the new bLight. We don't run ahead.

Any others?

Len

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'll bet he could do it if he tried. Being a chiropractor he might have been adjusting something and slipped.

LOL, God, LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit