1984 WT cover, 1914 Gen That Will Not Pass -- How many of 16 alive today?

by FatFreek 2005 71 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

According to the Social Security office, the odds of making it to age 100, are 1 in 10,000- it doesn't look like any would still be alive.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Top left: woman-Steiman or maybe spelled Steeman, but I doubt it. However, that's the way the name was pronounced-- Bethel chiropractor's wife. They came in for just a few years and then went back to Tampa.

Second row from the back: First man on the right side or fourth from the left: Arthur Worsley

Third row from the back or the middle row: second from left - man - Steiman. He was the chiropractor. Heard that he was later dfd (not for apostasy).

Second row from the front: first man on left: Hatzfeld, Robert H.

As far as I know, all are deceased.

There are two others in the picture who are unidentified. Although we saw them in and around Bethel, we can't remember their names.

Joe and Barbara

• undercover
    undercover

This is one of my favorite covers...and failed prophecies.

You can argue endlessly about dozens of things coming from the WTS, but this one failed prediction is all the proof you need to show that they are false prophets, not inspired by God. Remember, they called this God's promise, the end coming before this generation passed. This wasn't a vague promise (threat?) like 1975 or the myriad other predictions of imminent Armageddon. They flat out said that this generation would not pass away. A picture is worth a thousand words and this one is priceless.

A quarter-century after this magazine was printed, most, if not all, on this cover, representing the class of 1914 are dead. Dead and gone. A quarter-century. This was printed when the class of 1914 was over half a century away from that date. Now we're over a quarter-century from that magazine cover.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Thanks for this! Hoping to use this soon....

GGG

• Lore
    Lore

Shame on you people.

Every one of you was just thrilled to find out that 10 of these old people are confirmed dead.

Imagine how Ann Rose's daughter would feel if she came here and saw her dead mother's name etched on a paper and everyone thinking out loud: "10 down! 6 to go! Can't wait for all these old farts to die so I can rub it in the noses of my braindead family!"

Would any of you be genuinely happy to find out that one of these people managed to live to 105? Or would you be disappointed and hope he dies soon?

• Terry
    Terry

Here is the circle of reasoning.

We are the only true religion.

How can we prove that?

We take the "food at the proper time" from house to house and door to door.

No other religion can say that.

Refutation:

What you take to the door is just crap. Why would the True Religion take crap door to door?

Apologia:

The light grows brighter and brighter until....blah blah blah. We NOW know more than we did before.

Refutation:

If something is True you can't change it. If something is false you can correct it. If you say something is True when it is false you are a liar and have to change it when you get caught!

Apologia: What other religion has all the True teachings on Hell, the Trinity, Armageddon? Where would we go if we leave Jehovah?

Refutation: A clear glass full of thirst quenching water with a drop of cyanide in it: why wouldn't we go ahead and drink it???

A little leaven ferments THE WHOLE lump.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Would any of you be genuinely happy to find out that one of these people managed to live to 105? Or would you be disappointed and hope he dies soon?

We can wait - but the JW prophecy cannot. Anyway, the JW has moved on - anybody who knew these people is now part of their "generation".

Even if they were 60 years younger.

Makes perfect sense, right?

• undercover
    undercover
    Shame on you people.
    Every one of you was just thrilled to find out that 10 of these old people are confirmed dead.

I went back and re-read everyone's posts. I didn't see anyone express joy over the death of any of these people. In most cases, people were pointing out that most are, in fact, dead. Can't change facts.

While no one rejoices over the deaths of these poor souls who gave their life to a publishing company, their deaths don't have to be in vain. We can use their likeness on this cover along with the words of the cult leadership to show people that those words were lies. I don't want my family to be on some future cover of a WT expressing how close they are to realizing life forever - another lie.

Imagine how Ann Rose's daughter would feel if she came here and saw her dead mother's name etched on a paper...

I don't know Ann Rose, but if she were a JW...or better yet, any one of these people's JW relatives... maybe saw this thread it might give them reason to doubt the promises that they've been led to believe...

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Lore, you're just plain wrong about that. Thrilled? No, saddened that those people threw away their lives waiting for something that would never come.

Here's another famous WTS cover with dead people on it. Three dead kids with the pictures of 22 other dead kids in the background. Human sacrifices to a bogus, man-made prohibition on blood transfusions.

• Terry
    Terry

In Judaism it was more important to preserve life than to obey the law.

In certain denominations of christianity it is more noble to die than to live for your beliefs.

Somewhere between Judaism and christianity human life got cheaper.

It is worth thinking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit