2011 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

by Iron Head 78 Replies latest social physical

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I picked Packers-Ravens before the season, but at this point who's going to beat the Patriots, really?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm glad you're doing these threads Iron Head. Its nice to have something lively and easy spirited on this forum. I get tired of the heated debates at times. Increases my anxiety levels!

I'll take New England over the Jets.

Seatle over Chicago.

These last two I'm going back and forth on, I just don't know who will show up. Oh well.

Green Bay over Atlanta

The Ravens/Steelers game is the one I'm really hesitant picking sides on. I'm gonna go with the Ravens though.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but at this point who's going to beat the Patriots, really?

The Packers should've beaten them a few weeks ago in New England. If not for a special teams breakdown at the end of the first half, and bad clock management at the end they would have. And that was without Aaron Rodgers.

The Patriots defense has gotten better as the season has gone along, but it is still just average. Packers aren't a very good running team, but they gained over 150 yds rushing on them.

• undercover
    undercover

Regarding the Jets/Patriots game... Normally, in years past, I would've pulled for the Jets, but I prefer teams to let their play on the field prove their worth instead of their big pre-game hype mouth. After all the trash talk by certain players/coaches of the Jets... I kinda hope Brady shreds them.

I like Aaron Rodgers so I'm pulling for the Packers, but that game is a toss-up. Atlanta gets home field advantage, but GB has found a running game all of a sudden. That'll ease the pressure on Rodgers.

Steelers over the Ravens. Too much experience there.

Chicago over Seattle. I think... not sure after how Seattle looked over New Orleans. If they don't have the big win let-down they could pull off another upset.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but I prefer teams to let their play on the field prove their worth instead of their big pre-game hype mouth.

Agreed. No one is more in need of a beat down than Rex Ryan.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Ravens (sorry I.H. It will be close thou)

No need to apologize, DP. I picked the Jets. As the saying goes, close only works when it comes to horseshoes, handgrenades and nuclear war.

Darth, here are four videos just for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_MhXu5URo&feature=related

The Pop Rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTflRQzCZg

This one is from the 2008 season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1OrZoAsA8&feature=related

AND MY FAVORITE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwV5Y9fZs2g

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am gonna be biting my fingernails come Saturday. My Steelers are playing the best... good thing their at home.

No matter, we can't beat the Pats next week anyway even if we beat the Ravens this week.

When Belichick and Brady are able to operate on the Unholy Ground of Foxborough they yield otherwordly powers.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Steelers

Packers

Bears

Patriots

(I'm up in the air on the Ravens/Steelers... but also a little wary about Bears/Seahawks - so we'll see)

No matter, we can't beat the Pats next week anyway even if we beat the Ravens this week.

Never say so. Anyone can beat anyone, if the conditions are right!

Tammy

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

That's bullshit, my friend. Hit Bwady early and hit him often. That's how you beat the Cheatriots.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That's bullshit, my friend. Hit Bwady early and hit him often. That's how you beat the Cheatriots.

Otherwordly powers, my friend. I love my Steelers and I will watch their fall to the New England Dynasty. First though, we have to get our back broken by Baltimore whether we win or lose :)

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit