Have you answered the knock on your door?

by Inkie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

Have you answered the knock on your door?

[B]e like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knock s.—Luke 12:36.

Behold, I stand at the door and [Song 5:2 ] knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.—Revelation 3:20.

While I have often hear my Lord speak to me and with me, I haven’t heard the knock on my front door for quite a number of months now. Recently, about a week and a half ago I was upstairs in bed (at the point between sleeping and being awake) when I heard a knock on my front door. As I said, I hadn’t heard the knock in some time. Upon hearing it, I thought to myself and uttered the question in my mind to him: “Is that you, Lord?” to which I heard, “Yes.” I said, “Wait just a minute. I’ll be right down.”

I then got up out of my cozy warm bed, walked down two flights of stairs, walked through the hallway, through the dining room, through the living room, to my front door. I opened the peep hole (3” x 3”) and saw no one at all, but asked: “Is that you, Lord?” to which he again said and I heard, “Yes.”

I closed the peep hole, unlocked the front door, stepped back and opened the front door wide and said, “Please Lord, do come in.” After a moment, allowing him time to enter (as I perceived it), I closed the door and went back up to bed.

This latest visit was a pleasant surprise as I haven’t been visited by him, in this way, in quite some time. He used to come visit quite frequently when I first began to hear and listen to him. Now that I have been eating and drinking regularly each evening for quite some time now, he hasn’t visited until just recently. It was a most welcomed visit.

That’s all. Just thought I’d share.

--Inkie

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

That reminds me of a quote: " If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

He better bring some groceries then. I didn't get my shopping done yet this week.

W

• Inkie
    Inkie

And here we go . . .

Babyruth: You're such a sweet candy. And batting a thousand, I'm sure--not.

By the way, do you have trouble reading? I did not say that God spoke to me. Thus my question, do you have trouble reading?

• Kafka
    Kafka

Inkie said: I opened the peep hole (3” x 3”) and saw no one at all, but asked: “Is that you, Lord?” to which he again said and I heard, “Yes.”

Babyruth has no trouble reading whatsoever. It is you Inkie who has trouble remembering what you just posted.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That reminds me of a quote: " If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic"

Babyruth, there are newbies that attack some of the JWN favorites and get plenty of heat for it.
    But then there are those that know just how to come in.

You are a ray of welcome sunshine here. I already decided I like you after one post.

And you didn't even say anything bad. You were just reminded of a quote.

BTW, Inkie's hangup is probably some technicality that "the Lord" is not "God."

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

This pisses me off... As a person who is trying to search for some kind of intellectual reasoning for religion, you come across this kind of person who claims to have this expierence, and you know it's completely fabricated. So then I think, what is their intention? Do you need attention from an anonymus board? I don't get it, some people are really looking for ansewers, and when you post stupid shit, it makes me think there's no authentic expierences, you remind me of those people who claim to be abducted by aliens... Whats your point?

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome BabyRuth, you hit the nail on the head.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "While I have often hear my Lord speak to me and with me, I haven’t heard the knock on my front door for quite a number of months now. ..."

And... Wait for it...

"I thought to myself and uttered the question in my mind to him: "Is that you, Lord?" to which I heard, "Yes." ..."

Then we get this...

"By the way, do you have trouble reading? I did not say that God spoke to me. ..."

Urk....

Sure looked like a contradiction to me...

Anyway, welcome to the board, Inkie and BabyRuth and Kafka...

You'all keep it civil now, hear???

By the way, Inkie, there are a few regular board members who believe - feel - that 'god' or some special deity - perhaps Jesus Christ - speaks directly to them. Most of them are pretty easy-going.... Some of their POSTS are awfully long, but generally we find their comments interesting and stimulating for purposes of conversation..

So, welcome, keep yer skin thick and don't take ANYthing too seriously...

Zid - the board's resident She-Devil - and NeoPolyTheist atheist...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Inkie! The greatest of love and peace to you... and thank you for sharing this! Obviously, there are some who believe you to be a new poster due to your relatively infrequent posting, although you've actually been coming here for awhile. And of course, there are the ridiculers - LOLOLOLOL! Can always count on them to show their "love," yes? Spent all that time in the WTBTS... or other religions... and learned what? That they were false, but not much else, eh? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Anyway, I absolutely understand what you're speaking of. It used to occur with me, as well... both a knock or the doorbell. I remember it started sometime during my last years in the WTBTS. When it first occurred, I would get up and check my door, just as you did. I'd be sound asleep and then be awakened by the "ringing" of my doorbell... or "knocking" on my door. Of course, I would find no one there (or so I thought). After awhile, however, I stopped getting up. I [erroneously] concluded that I had just been dreaming... or, that if I had indeed heard the sound but, well, whoever was there just missed out because I was warm in bed and not getting up. I mean, it usually happened somewhere between 1am-4am, fer gawdsake... and sometimes it was even cold outside! So... I just began to ignore the sound when it occurred and just go back to sleep; I no longer cared if it was "real" or not because "no one" was ever there when I answered.

And then our Lord directed me to read the account of the Shulammite maiden. Now, I've never had much reason to read Canticles (Song of Solomon) other than the WTBTS' frequent referrals to it. I always thought it a lovely "story"... which it is... but not of much benefit. I didn't really "get" it. Until I read the 5th Chapter. The NIV has one of the most beautiful transliterations; however, there are some here who wouldn't appreciate that beauty (you know what I mean: most of them would probably turn red and snicker at Michaelangelo's "David", such is their "appreciation" for things of beauty...). So, I will quote from the ESV, a more practical version, with transliteration from the Hebrew :

He

I came to my garden, my sister, my bride,
    I gathered my myrrh with my spice,
    I ate my honeycomb with my honey,
    I drank my wine with my milk.

Others

Eat, friends, drink,
    and be drunk with love!

The Bride Searches for Her Beloved

She

I slept, but my heart was awake. A sound! My beloved is knocking."Open to me, my sister, my love,
    my dove, my perfect one,
    for my head is wet with dew,
    my locks with the drops of the night."
    I had put off my garment;
    how could I put it on?
    I had bathed my feet;
    how could I soil them?
    My beloved put his hand to the latch,
    and my heart was thrilled within me.
    I arose to open to my beloved,
    and my hands dripped with myrrh,
    my fingers with liquid myrrh,
    on the handles of the bolt.
    I opened to my beloved,
    but my beloved had turned and gone.
    My spirit when out to him when he spoke, but my soul failed me

I sought him, but found him not;
    I called him, but he gave no answer.
    The watchmen found me
    as they went about in the city;
    they beat me, they bruised me,
    they took away my veil,
    those watchmen of the walls.
    Iadjure you, Odaughters of Jerusalem,
    if you find my beloved,
    that you tell him
    I am sick with love."

I came to understand this account to represent the Bride of Christ... to whom he had called out to, but they had let pass by. As a result, they were "beaten and bruised" by the watchmen [of the walls]... or, in my case, the "[men of the] watchtower." Yes, I took it literally, because it had occurred literally in MY life.

And so, from that point on, whenever I heard the "knock" or "doorbell"... I got up... and opened my door... and invite my "beloved" in. Didn't matter what time it was... how cozy I was... or how cold the night was. I got up and answered. Sometimes, I would partake immediately after; you know, "share the evening meal" with him.

I have not heard the bell or knock for some years, now. The last time was shortly after we moved into the house we live in now. When I asked our Lord why I no longer heard it, he said that it was because he knew he was "welcome" in my home, that I had once again proven that I WOULD answer when he called/knocked.

Please note, I have received calls/email, etc., from others who have had this same experience and same result. So, rest assured: you are not alone. Technically... or literally.

Again, I bid you peace!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit