Have you answered the knock on your door?

by Inkie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Babyruth has no trouble reading whatsoever. It is you Inkie who has trouble remembering what you just posted.

Interesting, dear Kafka (peace to you!), both your comment and dear BabyRuth's (peace to you, as well!)... because I didn't see where dear Inkie (again, peace to you!) stated that God spoke to him, at all. I did read where he said his "Lord" responded ("yes"), but I don't believe Inkie's Lord is God. Dear Inkie can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his Lord is NOT the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... whom you might know as "God,"... but is Christ, the Holy One of Israel... and God's SON.

I do understand that some believe these are one and the same; however, it is an error to assume that ALL believe that... which a whole lot of you tend to do.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

My apologies to you Inkie and Aguest. I realize that I made light of your remarks. Sometimes in throwing off the old religion, I do make light of the faith that remains for some. Not everyone throws out the baby with the bathwater. Peace to you both.

• AGuest
    AGuest

No need to apologize to me, dear Gramma (the greatest of love and peace to you!): I understand how throwing off religion can cause us to be not only skeptical but a bit incredulous. And you are right: not everyone throws out the baby (LOLOLOLOL!).

I admit, though, that I don't always get why it causes some to be so sarcastic... to the point of being caustic, even hostile... not when such ones want others to believe their lives are "so much better" since leaving. I mean, if they are better, why all of the anger, bitterness, and animosity directed at oneswho've meant/done you absolutely NO harm? Not even wished you harm... in their hearts?

I find it even more... well, the only word I can use is "ridiculous" when it comes from ones who are still inside, still attending meetings, although stating here that they've left in heart/spirit. Because we ALL know that they greet fellow JWs... even if they think little or nothing of them... with all kinds of kind and loving words. Heck, even a hug or two now and then.

To me, these are the worst hypocrites, even more so than those who are in and still believe. At least such ones aren't trying to pretend they're something they're not... at least, not outside of the JWs that they still are.

Again, though, no need to apologize to me. Having once been a JW, I totally understand "peer" pressure.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• watersprout
    watersprout

Hi Inkie and Shelby *waves and blows sprouty kisses*

After reading your post i asked Our Lord why He had never knocked on my door recently. [i have heard Him knocking many times in the past, just thought it was kids playing knock door run, cause when i looked out there was no one there. The knocking used to wake me in the night, but i always dismissed it] Our Lord said He had been knocking but i wasn't ''Listening''. Kepping those ''ears'' open!! Lol

Thank you for sharing your experience Inkie, i really enjoyed reading it.

Peace Bec xxxx

• Broken Promises
  • thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

INKIE -

Peace

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Inkie, you liar! I never knocked on your door!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ooooh, LOVELY photo, BP... and purple-y pink-y fuscia does seem to be your color! Although... I have to admit, I never took you for being as old as you look. What are you, exactly... 70, 80-something? Well, you look GREAT, girl, you know, in a haggy kind of way. But I heard "haggy" is IN for some of the older ladies this season, so you're right in fashion!

You might consider doing "something" with that hair, though: the gray kinda makes your skin look a little "yellow" and not SO flattering. I mean, I'm not trying to put you down or nuthin'... but I'm just sayin'.

All in all, though, I'd say NOT BAD. And I SURE there's some old coots and codgers out there who'd say you're HOT! So, GO for it, girl - get your butt outta that chair and go find yourself a old coo... codg... uh, ma-yan!!

A slave of Christ,

SA, on her own, and then again...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Well, you look GREAT, girl, you know, in a haggy kind of way. But I heard "haggy" is IN for some of the older ladies this season, so you're right in fashion!

Oh my goodness Shel, that is hilarious!! Haggy is my new favourite word!

Peace my sister xx

• Inkie
    Inkie

Grandma Jones,

Thank you for the apology. No offense has been taken, just so you know. In posting what I posted, I knew that there would be ‘ridiculers with their ridicule.’ It’s to be expected, is it not?

To Others:

I was born and raised in a Roman Catholic family. I have always believed in Almighty God and his Son. I remember once asking my Catholic mother if she would teach me the Bible. The expression on her face when I asked her that question, I still can see. It was a look of disappointment because she could not teach me the Bible as she did not know it. When the witnesses came around, she fell hook, line, and sinker for it. She got all us children into the Organization. We were in it for years. However, at the time of my studying and learning about the Bible from the witnesses, I remember that my studying was a searching. It was a searching for God and Christ—a searching for wanting to come to know them. I studied and learned about ‘life everlasting in the freedom of the sons of god.’ When I studied and became baptized, I knew even then that I was a son of God. At some point, however, the witnesses took away my “sonship” with their teachings. Sad to say, I let them. For years I struggled with their teaching of me not being a son of God.

Anyway, to make a long story short, all the years that I was a witness, all those years were still a “searching for God and Christ.” And because of that continuing search, I have left the Organization, because of continuing that search.

I no longer need to “search” for them. Why? Because they—Jah and Jaheshua—have found me.

I have posted on this board about my anointing experience back on February of 2001. I no longer doubt who and what I am or what my hope is. I know because I have come to be known by Jah and his Christ.

When I speak of “my Lord” I am referring to Jaheshua the Son of God/Jah. When I speak of “Jah” I am referring to the Almighty Sovereign or as Shelby often writes, the Most Holy One of Israel.

My questions to your ridiculers are these: Why were YOU ever a witness? Seriously. Why? Were you in just because your parents were? While you were in were you REALLY in search of God and Christ? Seriously. Why did you claim to be Christians if you did not really care to be one? Did not being witnesses teach you something of the goodness of God? How we should behave and act toward others? Why are many of you so hateful? Why do you behave with such scorn and derision of others? If you did search for God and Christ, what stopped you from searching further? What stopped you from continuing your search? Was your being a witness merely a pretense for a pretext? Because the Society fooled you (us, for it fooled me too for a time), why have you turned away from God and his Christ? Was your seeming search for God a sham?

Seriously.

--Inkie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit