My mom throws a not so subtle threat my way

by JWinprotest 33 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

she would never forsake them.-- yeah right, she would forsake her own children in a heartbeat why do you think she wouldn't

do the same to her grandchildren once they made their opinion clear that they will never become a jw (if that

is the case)?

Personally I would never allow a jw grandparent anywhere near my kids unless I was in the room every second. They cannot be trusted

to not emotionally and mentally scar their so called 'beloved' grandchildren with cult rhetoric.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

or if the grandparents talk disparagingly about the parents when the children are with them. That's another deal breaker.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Bingo MrsJones! We have court order on that very clause.

Hopefully your mom is smart and keeps her mouth shut. I am so sorry you are going through this! I am so angry about how JW's condition their followers to be so inhumane!

• carla
    carla

Naturally Mrs. Jones, goes with out saying!

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

So, if the WTS 'denied' her from seeing one of her own children (through DF-ing) would she obey or would she sue them too?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So if your mom can't push you around through the use of the Watchtower cult, she'll try to use the courts. Sorry, but that sounds like a very unhealthy relationship. I would start curtailing her visits with your kids now to only include times that you can be there with them.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    She is letting me know that if I get disfellowshipped there's no way I can keep the kids away from her.

But you aren't keeping the kids away from her. She is choosing the Watchtower over you and your children. If she doesn't want to associate with you just because you don't believe like she does what make her think that she has any right to see her grandchildren. And what would make her think she could get a judge who also doesn't believe in her crazy religion to go along with her wacky ideas. If she chooses to follow the Watchtower's hateful shunning practice then she should be willing to pay the price. You have ever right to keep your children from someone who would try to poison their relationship with you and that is exactly she would be doing.

• misguided
    misguided

In my experience, even though there is such a thing as grandparent's rights, no. Allow the 'token' visits (say once per year) and they've not got a leg to stand on.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I am under the impression that there is such a law now where the grandparents can sue to see thier grandchildren..especially if the child is using the "Not seeing the grandkids" as a punishment to get back at the parent for one thing or another.

I'll have to look into that.

I think it ws in a AARP article..a magazine with legal issues for seniors like me..

Snoozy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I think this is the article Snoozy was referring to. In short, laws vary from state to state, but grandparents are able to get court-ordered visitation in some cases.

"In some states, the laws say the court should decide based on what is in the best interest of the child. In other states, grandparents have to prove that the grandchild would be harmed if prevented from seeing the grandparents."

So it may not be as easy as JWip's mother seems to think it is, but there is a possibility. If she is serious about taking legal action, you will need professional legal help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit