My mom throws a not so subtle threat my way

by JWinprotest 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    When we go check on her and find out why she's crying, she says that she is going to miss us so much when we get old and die.

Grow old and die? Geeze, your mom must not have much faith that Armageddon is 'right around the corner' if she's telling your daughter that you're going to grow old in this System.

My daughter nearly floors me when she said that grandma told her that if you make Jehovah happy you never die.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but I would say something like "Grandma's religion has been telling people that for over 130 years and they all died."

Your situation is not uncommon and you may just have to put your foot down and tell your mother you do NOT want her telling your daughter things like this because it's upsetting to the entire family. If she persists, you may just have to curtail the visits.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

tell your mother you do NOT want her telling your daughter things like this because it's upsetting to the entire family.

Mary, that conversation is coming very soon. I don't want to do it over the phone, but I also don't want the rest of my family there. My wife gets uncomfortable when I tell my mom off in front of her. Its rare that I go over there alone anymore as well.....too draining.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Where I will put my foot down, is if my mom decides she wants to see the kids, but won't allow me in the home

And that is probably what she is planning to do because that is how things are supposed to work in Dubland. But you're no longer apart of the fantasy world they live in so their rules no longer apply but for some odd reason they think you should still play by them. I think visits should be supervised and limited and non at all if she can't be respectful of you and shunning you isn't respectful.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

On a second thought - it's real simple:

They are YOUR kids; she had her turn in directing traffic when you were HER kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit