I was walking my dog and JWs told me about some good news!

by moshe 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Moshe; You have a FLAIR... TALKING TO JW'S. you twisted them up on the flood then worked other area's like telling the young guy he stiil had time to google the wts. You befuddled them for 20 minutes and the best part is I know it was easy work for you. you were very smart to find out how old they were, and work that angle. they hate when you ask them how long they are jw's . It was brilliant to tell them to google jw's to see why the whole world is LAUGHING at the wts. Moshe my HAT is off to your fine work. JYD

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Moshe you have a rare art twisting jw's into knots and holding their attention for 20 minutes. You just made me want to get a dog. hahhaha

• moshe
    moshe

Sab, you are right- the world is not laughing at JWs- they are ignoring them. I think being ignored for a over a 100 years is worse than being laughed at.

JYD- Thanks! You are a Pro, too!!! I am kicking myself over some missed opportunities- like when he said our message is about the same as it was in the past- I should have jumped on that- hey, guys---truth doesn't change!!!! Why did the message change??? And the young JW pulled out his mags at the end and tried to make a placement--- I should have accepted those mags and asked him to stop at my house to talk about his "good news" - looking back, I missed his body language- the older bro had crossed arms- he was leaning towards me and he acted , well surprised and intrigued by what I said.- I think he wanted to talk to me some more- a Return Visit was the only "legal" way he could do it and not raise a red flag with the older brother.

I spend a lot of time in public- semi retired- maybe that is why I run into JWs more. When you see well dressed people in skirts and suits walking down the sidewalk in Florida, they do stand out like a beacon from the normal shorts and sandals.

• designs
    designs

moshe- Are you going to turn in your application to x-auxiliary pioneer next month

• moshe
    moshe

I did aux pioneer one time- what a chump I was back then, over 30 years ago- and it was in the winter, too--

I do have a way of making JWs look stupid in service---

• designs
    designs

You always saved your Sunday best for Service....

• garyneal
    garyneal
    they hate when you ask them how long they are jw's .

Yet they love boasting it to one another. "So how long have you been in the truth, sister so and so?"

the world is not laughing at JWs- they are ignoring them.

Indeed. I think it comes as a surprise to my wife that many people just could not give two cents about them. Most people outside the sect know very little about their beliefs. So much for all their preaching work.

• teel
    teel

as far as the cave paintings go- what do you think? Would filling them up with muddy water destroy them?

Just for the argument's sake - is it not possible that a flood could not fill the caves, creating pockets of air inside?

• moshe
    moshe
    Just for the argument's sake - is it not possible that a flood could not fill the caves, creating pockets of air inside?

Sure is- and it's possible that aliens helped the Egyptians build the pyramids, too.

- back to the caves- you would expect to find the entrances filled in with silt and mud in the caves- not just in France, but all over the world there would be the same silt-filled entrances. I have been to 4 different underground caverns/parks and I never heard any mention of a massive flood from the guides. In fact they talked at length about the special limestone and water combinations that were needed to form these caves over many millenia. Some had very small entrances to the surface that led to vast underground chambers, so that actually indicates to me that a flood did not happen, otherwise the entrances would have been totally sealed shut by the silt from the flood.

• designs
    designs

I should have had a V-8, brilliant deduction. Caves-no silt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit