I was walking my dog and JWs told me about some good news!

by moshe 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

moshe -- well, obviously no :-). i would assume they were made of charcoal and other substances that respond badly to water. however, i bet a flood believers intuition would tell him they are more durable than a ketchup stain on a silk shirt!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe the flood of Noah is a metaphor representing the takeover of maritime law in our world. Maybe this is where the Holy Sea came from. (Nothing really "holy" about it, you know.)

• moshe
    moshe

The older Bro was born in 1976 his partner was in his mid-20's. Both of them said they were born-in JWs, so their knowledge of JW history concerning 1975 was all sketchy. Darn it, I wish I had a copy of Brother Charlie Sinutkos ph# with me- I could have called him on speaker phone and asked him (again) about his stay alive until 1975 talks 40 years ago! They would have been speechless- so much for the notion that a "few" brothers were running ahead of the organization on 1975.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Moshe- I was going to ask you if you counted your time but designs beat me to it!

The older brother was born in 1976-the "older" one? !!!! I must be ancient!!!! LOL

• moshe
    moshe
    The older brother was born in 1976-the "older" one? !!!! I must be ancient!!!! LOL

Well, it has been said that when you turn 40, you are on the last half!

As they were getting into the minivan the younger brother said he was married and I could see his wife and toddler child. I commented to him- "you still have a chance, don't waste your life- look up JWs on the Internet". It is so easy for someone to find out the facts about JWs today- there is no excuse for a person to be ignorant about the WT religion.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Thanks moshe and also bohm for the links. Just wish I could memorise it all but a few key points will have to surfice for next time I encounter any JWs. If any of those facts or figures had been quoted at me out on FS I would have had no answer. I cannot believe now for how long I accepted without question all those fables as "truth".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My favorite argument on the flood of noah's day is the striation on the grand canyon walls. As we know JW's love to say that the grand canyon was a result of the flood waters pushing down the earth. The striations on the wall are the result of water erosion over the course of millions of years. each inch of striation on the wall represents a thousand years of erosion.

If as JW try and say the flood waters pushed down on the canyon walls the striations would be more sheer.

Frosty of the watching too much of the history channel clan.

• moshe
    moshe

a paradox for JWs.

Whooly mammoth skeletions have been found in North America with flint spear points in the ribs.

Did this happen before the claimed flood or after? If before, then that means that humans were in North America before the flood and Noah certainly did not preach to all the so-called unrighteous about the coming flood. Contrary to what the Bible says.

If after the flood, then the Wooly Mammoths must have left the far north- got on the Ark, then somehow returned to North America (the land bridge was under water after the flood, remember?) along with the humans- and quickly bred back to large numbers so they could be hunted. No, they were not all flash frozen for future Swanson TV dinners, if you believe they walked off the Ark.

Also, if before the flood, then why didn't the flood waters wash the bones away?

• snakeface
    snakeface

I was walking my dog when some sisters came along. One set her bookbag down on the sidewalk while she offered literature. My dog lifted his leg and peed. The pee went inside the bag.

• Terry
    Terry

This is what a brother in my old congregation would call "Clouding the issue with facts!"

I love that phrase.

Moshe is out there clouding the issue with facts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit