I was walking my dog and JWs told me about some good news!

by moshe 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

Mouthy, I did mention the Internet and asked them if they had read about JWs there- " we don't have to, we know what we teach" , the older brother told me- in front of the car group.

So I explained to them that, if you google JWs you will get 10 pages worth of all negative facts and anecdotal stories about JWs- now what are the odds that all these people are lying? "Just google JWs and find out why everyone is laughing at JWs", I told them.

moshe- Be sure and count your time-

Designs, I had 1.5 hrs in November and about 0.5 hours today, that's pretty good!

Moshe, your the type of call that I hated getting out in service, you could so easily rip us to shreds and we had to limp back to our car group and lick our wounds and be reassured by the others that we are right and you are wrong and your gonna find out at armegeddon.

I told them that either I am right, we are both wrong or they are right on this subject of the flood. I mentioned that the odds are 2 to 3 in my favor that they were wrong in their beliefs. "why should that matter" replied the younger brother- " because it means you will be wasting your entire life in a false religion, when you could go to college and make something of yourself!' He just looked down and away from me.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

always great work Moshe

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you Moshe.

A Sphere is not a Circle said

''your the type of call that I hated getting out in service, you could so easily rip us to shreds and we had to limp back to our car group and lick our wounds and be reassured by the others that we are right and you are wrong and your gonna find out at armegeddon.

But your also the type of call that I would never forget.''

I cannot agree more. I was only talking about this the other day with my wife. Of all the thousands of people I called on in the years of door knocking, only a few calls stand out in my memory. They were all negative to the 'Truth'. One was an atheist that the regular pioneer I was working with didn't stand a chance with, one was a 'born again' Christian who tied us up in knots and another were a quiet older couple who meekly said they couldn't understand how JW's felt that they alone knew all the answers. I was silently agreeing.

These calls made a lasting impression on me as I still remember them but don't remember any 'good calls'

Keep it up Moshe.

• bohm
    bohm

Amalia: See this link:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

the flood is nothing but problems. the whole thing got to be accepted per faith alone.

check out the section about the flood here to: http://corior.blogspot.com/

• designs
    designs

moshe- Wow, you're a Regular XJW Publisher now, you'll soon recieve your formal invitation to the XJW Ministerial School for advanced counter JW witnessing

• Giordano
    Giordano

Moshe I too always go to your posts first ........wow you carry a heavy burden on this forum!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was walking my dog and JWs told me about some good news

did it make you happy?

• bohm
    bohm

moshe -- those cave paintings, do you have any research that indicate positively that water would wash them away?

• moshe
    moshe

LL, well they thought they had some good news The older Bro said their message was about the "same" as it was 30 years ago. Now, I wish I'd had him explain what had changed!

as far as the cave paintings go- what do you think? Would filling them up with muddy water destroy them? They have had to restrict the "human" visits to these caves in order to prevent humidity and bacteria from ruining the paintings

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The older Bro said their message was about the "same" as it was 30 years ago. Now, I wish I'd had him explain what had changed!

About 30 years ago?!? So they are still expecting Armageddon in 1975 or was than 1981 or 2000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit