How much positive reinforcement do you need to function on JWD?

by TMS 63 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

My dear beks! !!!!!!!

• Violia
    Violia

CoCo I love reading your posts. It is a breath of fresh air.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Violia:

So nice seeing you again! I appreciate your kind words. Though away for awhile, I am happy to be back.

I hope that you and yours are well and prospering.

Love,

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

Don't want to derail, but I agree CoCo, it's damn good to see you!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Beks and Violia:

CoCo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Greetings, dear CoCo. You handsome rake, you!

Well, the question about positive reinforcement seems to be an old fiddle upon which one can play any old tune. That is, if they are willing to disingenuously change the question in order to circumvent the point.

We all need emotional support and reassurance. Check.

We all need emotional support and reassurance no matter how old we are. Check.

Emotional support and reassurance are good things no matter how old we are. Check.

Here's where we get to the crux:

DO YOU FALL APART, STAMP YOUR FEET, AND REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IF, AS A 50-60+ YEAR-OLD, YOU ARE NOT SLAVISHLY REASSURED BY ALL AROUND YOU?

Does the criticism of one or two strangers totally negate the fawning adulation of 30-40 long-time acquaintances?

If so, you may be the subject of this thread.

• clarity
    clarity

Nice to see there are some sentimental men on here!

OK here are my thoughts on this subject. When we ask a question of this board or invite posters to comment on any subject .....is this not like inviting them over to 'yourplace' for a chat or a serious opinion on things? Yes? No?

As a good Host or Hostess do we then ignore the very people we've invited in. They make an effort to spend time with you and give their answers but then .....you've leftthe building. Personally, sometimes I feel like I have been stood up!

If you ask the question, doesn't anyone else think it is a little bit rude to not show up and at least say a quick thanks to your guests?? Am I all alone here.....again?

clarity - of the notsoperfectclasseither

• compound complex
    compound complex

BB and Clarity !

[Please forgive my numerous intrusions, TMS]

• TMS
    TMS

good points bizzybee, clarity. . . . .

"Goodbye" threads and vows not to post anymore are almost epidemic on message boards. They're akin to repeated threats of suicide, designed to gain attention, condolences, reassurances. This behavior is manipulative, transparent and self-centered but many buy into it time and again and rush to the aid of the "victim", pledging their undying support, love and most of all, attention. The drama creates a situation beyond normal give and take, mutual appreciation and camaraderie.

tms

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    As a good Host or Hostess do we then ignore the very people we've invited in. They make an effort to spend time with you and give their answers but then .....you've leftthe building. Personally, sometimes I feel like I have been stood up!

Clarity,

I know what you mean and I agree.....I could name a few! But TMS has been an attentive host on this thread - one may pose a topic, and also have a life. He was here 5 hours ago - prolly having dinner, etc., but will be back, I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit