How much positive reinforcement do you need to function on JWD?

by TMS 63 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Full grown adults need reasurance too. Aren't you getting any?

Hmmm....twisting the words. And attacking.

I see what you did there. Here's what I actually said:

"Are you perhaps confusing the healthy nurturing of a child through positive feedback, with the ability of a full-grown adult to function without constant reassurance?"

I'll stand by my question as I stated it.

• TMS
    TMS

Post 9840 of 9840
    Since 7/15/2005

That's a healthy approach finally-free.

Thank you. I thought I'd add an example. I've taken up 3D modelling and animation as a hobby. I initially posted my work only on my Facebook page. My family and friends paid me many compliments that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but didn't help to improve the quality of my work. I now post my work on forums for 3D graphic artists, many of which do this professionally. The comments aren't always positive, but the critiques of professionals has taught me a lot and improved the quality of my work.

W

A concrete example of how the reinforcement and congratulations of our peers on JWD can be fool's gold.

tms

• TMS
    TMS

You do have a point, TMS. If something is worth posting then it shouldn't really matter what other people think about it- if it really is important to the poster.

Exactly, transhuman68, unless you're so mentally weak that you wilt without adulation from others.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Excellent thread.

And I say it, with no intention of giving TMS warm fuzzy feelings inside or giving him "huggles", but to simply affirm my agreement with the statements made.

• Farkel
    Farkel

tms,

:But we've grown up somewhat since those days. Do we still rely on the support of others? Would you try to gauge the general interest or lack of it from forum members before starting a thread? If you received some criticism concerning the content or tone of your thread, would you abort it?

:Perhaps, what I'm intimating is: "Are you ready for the real world or still in the JW mindset?"

Non sequitur and false dilemma. It may break your heart to know this, but every second of every day, people who have never been JWs or ever heard of JWs make conscious decisions not to do things for fear of criticism from others.

So your personal agenda against me notwithstanding, your reasoning skills still suck.

Farkel

• TMS
    TMS

tms,

:But we've grown up somewhat since those days. Do we still rely on the support of others? Would you try to gauge the general interest or lack of it from forum members before starting a thread? If you received some criticism concerning the content or tone of your thread, would you abort it?

:Perhaps, what I'm intimating is: "Are you ready for the real world or still in the JW mindset?"

Non sequitur and false dilemma. It may break your heart to know this, but every second of every day, people who have never been JWs or ever heard of JWs make conscious decisions not to do things for fear of criticism from others.

So your personal agenda against me notwithstanding, your reasoning skills still suck.

Farkel

lol. I'm not the one with a broken heart over criticism. If someone says something unpleasant about what I've written I don't turn tail and farkel.

• Revolutionary Rebel
    Revolutionary Rebel

THE WAR RAGES ON!! haha jk kidding guys dont reach for the keyboard just yet lol.. Being a "noobie" to this forum I will not choose sides but from what I can tell this whole thing started in the window washers thread... that being said farkles post was on topic and very informative i thought.. then someone came along and started something..also from what ive read he has made some how shall we say...vulgar comments but so has alot of people and in all seriousness, who REALLY CARES??? does anyone on here really take offense to a swear word here and there?? come on for goodness sakes! EVERYONE is different .. Raised different, taught different, led a different life..just face it.. we are DIFFERENT! i have enjoyed farkles comments so far and his life story part 1 was very interesting.. and a little extra sauce for the end.. TMS im sure you get hurt some what from criticism or you wouldnt be so defensive.. love, peace and happiness to all!

~ R.R.

• TMS
    TMS

rev rebel. . .You state that you're the grandson of grandma-jones. Welcome to the board.

I read and reread your post. What exactly are you trying to say?

tms

• Revolutionary Rebel
    Revolutionary Rebel

All im trying to say is that this whole brewhaha over farkle seems to be a little rediculous he did not start this fight... as far as your approach to saying that an "Adult" doesnt need positive reinforcement is rediculous.. would you like for everyone to not acknowledge your post? or better yet critisize everything you said and say it was all garbage?... I think not, or you would not be so defensive about the things you say.. im not trying to start trouble but you need to take your own advice from 10 yrs ago and "use careful, reasoned, polite, non-inflamatory posts" or even "Perhaps, a little more poodle. less rottweiler." so you can be a little less abrasive and more persuasive..

~R.R.

• TMS
    TMS

Thank you for your comments rev rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit