Why is there so much nastiness on the board lately???

by Lozhasleft 60 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

You appear to be in shock.... ** dangles face ;D**

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah.shock for sure.Who would have thought that a monkey kisses like that?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Why is there so much nastiness on the board lately???

Some can dish it out but can't take it - ?

• watson
    watson

Some of the smarter ones just don't have much patience for idiots.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhhhh it's Watson

• beksbks
    beksbks
    ...if a certain poster with initials "BB" was kicked the number of nasty posters would go down by 1...

Bohm!!! I'm hurt! I thought we often saw eye to eye on things!!! As for nastiness, I don't think it's this site, I think it's the internet. Have you seen the comments on simple Youtube music videos?????

• sabastious
    sabastious
    LOZHA - I'm not sure what you are referring to as I usually avoid those kind of threads anyway. But whenever people act in an abusive, snarky kind of manner and are very rude- I just pass it off to THEM being insecure within themselves and that THEY have issues . Then I move on to another thread that's more constructive and positive. We have lots of different personalities on this board , most people are polite and caring, and those that aren't probably won't change anyway - so my view is " why worry about what I have no power over " ? I just move on to more positive things. Just my 2 cents. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I know you probably don't realize it, but you have painted this community far to simply. There is much more to this forum than the "trouble makers" and the "non trouble makers." As far as I can tell there some people people who, for the most part, are loving and caring and sometimes just "go off" because of stress or whatever.

My point basically is that the actual infamous trouble makers are few on this forum and most people are just normal every day people who have a tendency to flip out a little when they get under the gun too often outside or inside the forum.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Have you seen the comments on simple Youtube music videos?????

This is a compelling point. Internet anonymity theory is a real and demonstrable phenomenon.

-Sab

• Listener
    Listener

It's always helpful to be discreetly reminded not to be nasty.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Only a newbie myself, but just wondered. from what I read here being in the wt is all about pecking orders and keeping control. When people come out, especially those born in, wouldn't it be natural to go over the top about these issues? Until they find a balance, perhaps?

I'm not condoning rudeness, just seems that patience is needed.

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit