Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• journey-on
    journey-on

violent rhetoric with images

If a politician stands up and says "arm yourselves and shoot to kill all opposers" and proceeds to produce names, places, and events to target, then YES! by all means a crime has been committed. That kind of language should be stopped.

What we have here does not rise to that level and if you think American politics is going to get all namby pamby you've got another thing coming.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What we have here does not rise to that level and if you think American politics is going to get all namby pamby you've got another thing coming.

The left has been crying out since the shooting that Republican political speech is the cause of the shooting.

Simon has posted over the past two days that the United States should rescind the freedom to own a firearm, and to shut down free speech (in the case of the Westboro church nuts.)

I don't see any of that happening - you are right: these complainers have another think coming.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Tell us more!!! What did the sane, reasonable Chris Matthews have to say on the subject?

The talking heads on Matthews were crowing about her not saying anything. Matthews was challenging her to come out and speak up, as if she has guilt to answer for. They were gloating.

Well. She sure did speak up!

The timing was impeccable.

Palin may have stolen thunder from Obama's big speech by timing her response for this morning. She captured a news cycle.

For an ignorant snowhick from some yokel college in flyover country, she seems to know what she is doing.

This entire filthy affair is going to be devastating for the left stream media. They jumped the gun and now the cat is out of the bag. They took away Obama's opportunity to score political points. If there is even a shade of partisan politics in his speech, he loses. Had the Left not gone full retard, you can bet he would have been able to play it to political advantage like Clinton did in 1995.

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

...a time to be silent and a time to speak

Checkmate.

BTS

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A question to journey-on :

Why then did the map used on Sarah Palin's web site come down once it was learned of the shooting in Tucson ?

I'm confident you'll be totally truthful in your answer.

• journey-on
    journey-on

thetrueone....Have you gone full retard? (To quote a BTS' phrase). Try to follow the reasoning:

1) Immediately, the Lefty Loonies tried to connect this shooter to Sarah Palin and her use of a target symbol to represent....what?.....

TARGET as in "let's target these districts for change."

Pretty simple. Are you following me so far?

2) Sarah, being the sharp and sensitive woman that she is, instinctively understood what was happening. My Gawd! The Lefty Loonies were already at it before the bodies of the dead were even cold!!!!!!!

3) To squelch further idiotic rhetoric from the Lefty Loonies, it was removed. (But, of course, the Lefty Loonies see an opportunity and insist on keeping the focus on a political agenda rather than where it should be.)

4) Like most Lefty Loonies, you can't comprehend that Sarah Palin as a mother, a friend, a wife, and an overall sensitive caring individual might.....just might....not want even the slightest false perception to take the focus away from the reality of what happened. All y'all want to do is demean and demonize her for her political pov.

5) It was the Lefty Loonies seeing an opportunity to use a tragedy to make a person they hate look like something she's not.

6) She removed their ammunition. (OMG! I USED YET MORE SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE!!! JUST SHOOT ME!!!! OMG! THERE I GO AGAIN....)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If the so called lefties were not right, then their point would have been pointedly redundant

and the map would have most likely stayed up..........no.

Trying to make light and excusing the use of subliminal connotations of violence in political campaigning is wrong

and after realizing the shooting event last weed-end recognizably irresponsible particularly in a peaceful democracy.

If your political idealogical agenda is strong enough you wouldn't have to resort to these kind of tactics

would you ?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

James Clyburn: Sarah Palin is Not Intelligent

"You know, Sarah Palin just can't seem to get it, on any front. I think she's an attractive person, she is articulate," Clyburn said on the Bill Press radio show, according to The Hill. "But I think intellectually, she seems not to be able to understand what's going on here."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/clyburn-palin-intellectually-unable-to-understand-whats-going-on.php?ref=fpa

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This young guy who committed this heinous act was suffering from symptoms of paranoid delusional schizophrenia.

Enhanced no less with the fearful distrust and hatred toward government officials as well as the police, who busted him once for drug possession.

Being rejected as an applicant to join the US military could have also heighten his hatred toward the government as well.

The recent and apparent emotional distrust posed against the people who are holding positions in government right now just stoked up

his mental weakness pushing him to act out on his developed disillusions.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Woods, these accusations from the Left are just codespeak for STFU.

In other words, you admit that the right is incapable of "speaking" without the use of violent rhetoric, fear mongering, falsehoods and loaded language?

As for Sarah, she's the victim................again What a completely undignified person.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have a question I have been curious about.

Months back when Giffords called out the targets on the map, and raised her concerns of the consequences of doing that ..........I have not heard that there was any response from Palin at that time. Does anyone know if there was?

Thanks in advance.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit