How do you know if you're going to heaven?

by Christiangal 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tabande1
    tabande1

Christiangal, I, too, am a christian! I came to this site to find out why people willingly throw out all common sense to join the JW's, i.e. my cousin.
    Instead and with, I found out, although they find out the truth about their blessed Org., they never really leave it. Well, I can't say that for all of them, but for the most of them this is true.
    I continue to ask questions on the forum and in chat rooms, and I am usually gone off on and put down for what I believe in. It is a good sign, I don't want all men to speak good of me!!
    I have also learned not to try and convert them. I just try to tell them the needed and wash my hands clean of them. It is their choice to believe or not. God has made us free-moral agents.
    As for the Native-Americans, God said He has instilled in us all that which we must know to get to heaven, ( not His exact words).
    The only ones who will not be held accountable for not believing are the babies (and the ones who are born without the ability to take in the Plan of Salvation as we can).
    I plan to go to that Heaven and live with my Savior forever more, even if there are no Oreo's there. LOL
    You ex-JW's need to start taking the bible seriously!! It is not God's fault you went against His reasoning He gave you. YOU choose to throw it away and believe a lie!!! STOP BASHING US AND USING THE NAME OF OUR LORD IN VAIN!!!! Take your anger out on your stupidity, your choices, and the one who seeks to devour your soul!! After that is done, GET SAVED!!! Be BORN AGAIN!!
    With the Love Christ gives me, I give to you. Tabande

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

CChristiangal; More cultic thinking. Believe me on this one. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to cultic thinking. You ooze with it.

But I can prove to you that Jesus was God and that the Bible was inspired. It really wouldn't make any difference if I did or not-you wouldn't believe me anyway.
    Supposition. Avoidance of discussion. Assumption of rightness without proof. Judgement of others ("It really wouldn't make any difference if I did or not...").

I can say;

"I can prove to you there is no evidence for god, or Jesus, or the inspiration of the Bible. It really wouldn't make any difference if I did or not-you wouldn't believe me anyway."

It doesn't make me RIGHT. Stop acting like a brian-washed cultist. If you have proof, tell us about it. If you don't have proof, stop insisting you are right.

You fail to realise that an individual's perception of truth is NOT the same as reality. There are lots of 'truths', but there is only one reality. Reality is stepping in front of a truck results in death. There are lots of 'truths' about what happens at this point. NONE OF WHICH ARE PROVABLE.

You continue;

I just have one challenge for you all. I challenge you to go find where Jesus is buried. You won't find his tomb or grave. You know why? Because Jesus lives!! Christians don't worship a dead man like some religions. Our God is alive and reaches down for a RELATIONSHIP with us all if we will just accept Him.
    Without being rude, this is so simplistic as to be child-like. And yes, Jesus did say "suffer the little children come to him", but he didn't say "let the achingly credulous come to him". If you think that's a good arguement, you need to get yourself an education. Trust me on this one. I've had to do the same.

Your first challange "find where Jesus is buried. You won't find his tomb or grave."

Actually, if you were a little better informed, you would realise there is no contemporary proof of Jesus' existence what-so-ever. Everything was written after his supposed death. The supposed historical references by Jermoe and others are regarded by many scholars as forgeries. There is no mention in any historical account of a mass rasing of the dead, as spoken of in Matthew. This is news that could not have possibly occured without being recorded if it actually happened. Jesus' supposed life contains many parrallels with other supposed divine men, like Buddha. It is quite possibly all made up, either based on some poor man (ordinary mortal man) who got nailed to a tree and labelled a Messiah, either through his own words or the desires of his followers, or a complete composite person who never actually existed. Thus not finding his grave would be par for the course, as ther wouldn't be one. Also, on the basis of your logic, if you can't find someone's grave, it means they are alive. This is obviously rubbish.

See why I say your logic is simplistic and childish?

Your supposition "You know why? Because Jesus lives!!" is completely unfounded. Even if you've personally met Jesus, it is still unfounded unless he can turn up on TV or something. Why? I could probably find some animist or the other who will say they've met some divine being, and who can provide as much proof of it happening as you. Why should I believe you and not them?

tabande1;

Christiangal, I, too, am a christian! I came to this site to find out why people willingly throw out all common sense to join the JW's, i.e. my cousin.
    Instead and with, I found out, although they find out the truth about their blessed Org., they never really leave it. Well, I can't say that for all of them, but for the most of them this is true.
    Ah, and you can prove you are right? Go on then. If you are SOOOOOOOO superior, show us lady

I continue to ask questions on the forum and in chat rooms, and I am usually gone off on and put down for what I believe in. It is a good sign, I don't want all men to speak good of me!!
    Sometimes people speak ill of each other out of dislike. But as with most cultists (see above definitions), you cannot accept that people speak ill of you because you cannot prove a single thing of what you say, yet still presume you are right.

I have also learned not to try and convert them. I just try to tell them the needed and wash my hands clean of them. It is their choice to believe or not. God has made us free-moral agents.
    As for the Native-Americans, God said He has instilled in us all that which we must know to get to heaven, ( not His exact words).
    The only ones who will not be held accountable for not believing are the babies (and the ones who are born without the ability to take in the Plan of Salvation as we can).
    You are a pious little one, aren't you? How 'Christian' of you to wash your hands of us. I always find it amusing when the most vocal claimed CHristians have the least fruits of CHristianity. They starin the gnat and swallow the camel, condemning everyone who deosn't agree on the basis of unfounded, unprovable opinion. I really dislike Christian 'Nazi's' like that, but realise they are just ignorant cultists as clueless as I was when I was a cultist. Fortunately I also know nice Christian's who actually show some of the qualities of their role model. Shame on you.

I plan to go to that Heaven and live with my Savior forever more, even if there are no Oreo's there. LOL
    Yup, and have as much proof of that happening as a Hindu does of reincarnation, or a Mormon man has of ending up as a God. Just 'cause you believe it doesn't make it true (examples, flat earth, Santa Claus).

You ex-JW's need to start taking the bible seriously!!
    WHY? It's a bunch of fairy stories written by Bronze-Age goatherds, by and large. PROVE that it's inspired.

It is not God's fault you went against His reasoning He gave you. YOU choose to throw it away and believe a lie!!! STOP BASHING US AND USING THE NAME OF OUR LORD IN VAIN!!!! Take your anger out on your stupidity, your choices, and the one who seeks to devour your soul!! After that is done, GET SAVED!!! Be BORN AGAIN!!
    Yup, cultist logic. You poor thing, I feel deeply sorry for you. Prove SOMETHING, don't just flap your gums with unfounded illogical allegations based on your belief in your rightness (which you can't prove).

With the Love Christ gives me, I give to you. Tabande
    If you call what you offer love, I'm not buying, To me it sounds just like a prison for the walking dead. Your beliefs taste of ashes. Sorry to be harsh, but I think if you can dish it out you can certainly take it (but I doubt you'll like being treated as you treat others...).

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• tabande1
    tabande1

Abaddon, I will pray for you. You need some phsycological intervention. You must be one of those people who believe we just happened in the universe and evolved.
    If there was a big bang, God spoke it!! LET THERE BE LIGHT!!
    We will see in the end the answers to all these questions on this forum and more unasked. You just better hope you are right! If not, you wont have another chance at it!!!!!

Thanks guys for your input!!! --- Tabande

• Faraon
    Faraon

According to the bible we are already on heaven.

Genesis 6-8: 6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

since we are already between the ocean and the clouds, and this region is called heaven, we are already in heaven.

JRP
    Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
    Nietzsche

• Christiangal
    Christiangal

Tabande1,
    Thank you for your input. You know you couldn't be more correct about Abbaddon or whoever she is- sounds more like Abandon, which is what she has done to God!! But she should know that God has not abandoned her. He will be there always with His arms stretched wide open for her to run into them- if she ever does. It's just ashame. I too will be praying for her!!!

Faraon,

New King James Version- Genesis 1:6-8- And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters and let it divide the waters from the waters." Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Back during the times when the King James version was written, the dialect was much different than what we use today. Therefore, most people used the word heaven for sky. As centuries have past, scholars who have studied Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic have translated the Bible into the English we know today so that we can read it. Here is the NIV translation:

NIV- Genesis 1:6-8- And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate the water from the water." So God made the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse sky. And there was evening, and there was morning-the second day.

If you are just reading through the Bible I suggest using either the Living translation, New International Version (NIV), or Contemporary English Version (CEV). These are much easier to read than the Old English used when the King James Versions were written. So you see we are not in heaven at this time.

All because of Calvary

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

tabande1 and christiangal;

What you are both experiencing now is called cognitive dissonance; when exposed to information that you cannot reconcile with your belief structure, you basically ignore it, as you have too much invested in that belief structure to adjust it, even if it was clearly demonstrated that it was wrong. Yet another sign of a cultist. Sad really, but I was once the way you were and now know better.

Fine. Ignore the issues I have raised about your viewpoints and attitudes. You obviously can't answer them. If you are here just to grandstand and preach, why bother? This is a discussion board; what fun is it discussing things with people who obviously only want to discuss what they believe, rather than why and how they believe.

Shame you couldn't have a 21st Century Borean attitude, rather than accepting like a sheep (that's an insult by the way, as in easily lead and credulous) what you've been exposed to.

Please save your prayers; there is nothing more pious or annoying. Would you like me to sacrifice a goat to the Dark Lord for you (if I believed this would enlighten you; I don't, Satan is as fictional as god, it's only an illustartion)? I think not. But, again, your presumption is only matched by your ignorance.

Light and love light your ways... you need it...

Oh, and get your eyes tested... I'm a boy you silly bints.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Christiangal
    Christiangal

Abandon,
    You know you have yet to prove to me why the Bible is incorrect. Yes, this is a disussion board. Discuss to me how the Bible is incorrect or not truthful. There is no way you can disprove it!!

You are very hypocritical.

Quote- "Stop acting like a brian-washed cultist. If you have proof, tell us about it. If you don't have proof, stop insisting you are right."

If you have proof that the Bible has no foundation or truth in it whatsoever, let us know about it. I can tell- coming from you it will be very idiotic and off the wall. Like you said, "If you don't have proof, stop insisting you are right"

I am sure that I do not need my eyes checked. Maybe if you want people to recognize you as a man- oh excuse me-"boy"- then you should change your picture so people won't have to wonder.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Tabande1

I sincerely welcome you in joining us, especially we who are
    within the Body Of Christ.

It is okay to open your email. It is not usually abused.
    You are invited to connect with me via mine, if you would like.

Also, I think you will expand your existing knowledge about the Bible even more so. It takes a bit of muddling through the swamp here, but it is here. I was a JW for 31 years...

Abbaddon, your picture seems to show that you might be physically handycapped. Is this the case? Is this why you have a bad altitude about Goodness? Is your tricycle still broken? Have you still got that banana in your ear or did the dentist extract it?

• tabande1
    tabande1

T. Poole, I am still new to this forum thing and I don't know how to open my email. Thanks for the kindly words also.
    Aboddon, get a life!!! I thought you were female also!!! The picture you have posted looks like a female to me. Get a haircut then maybe we can tell your gender!
    Also, I will not continue to converse with you because your mind is warped. Whatever cult you were in has really did a number on you. You can't even accept the fact that you need help. Anyone with your frame of mind need to be off the street. I wonder if prayer will do any good for you anyway, you blaspheme The Holy God. That proves there is one named Satan and that also proves he is fighting for keeps and for him to fight he must have someone to fight against. Who do you think that someone is? You took to long, let me help you, GOD!! Next time you spell out God make sure you capitalize the "G" !
    As always, me, Tabande

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    How do you know if you're going to heaven?

I usually have a good idea it's gonna happen when my sweetie tells me to assume the missionary position

And come on, folks! Take a good look at this pic!! Abaddon, it's obvious, to me anyway!, that you're a MALE hottie!!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit