How do you know if you're going to heaven?

by Christiangal 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

If they don't have the internet and oreo cookies up there I don't want to go.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

We live with and love God
    Hi christiangal, meet another christiangal
    Romans road is good, I also like Ephesians-probably cuz as a dub there was no grace, just law.
    Welcome to the board!
    "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life."
    1John 5:13
    E-mail me sometime :) <>< ANgie

• Christiangal
    Christiangal

In heaven we will give total praise and worship to the Lord. It will be so wonderful just to sit at the feet of my heavenly Father and just praise him for everything. I'm not sure exactly what it will be like, but I guess that's just one thing that is going to be so wonderful to find out. If you want to know more about heaven, The book of Revelation in the Bible would be a wonderful place to read about it. It talks of streets and walls of gold,etc. I also hope there are oreo cookies in heaven. :D

Thomas Poole has another wonderful topic started called Procedure of going to Heaven. Everyone should check it out.

• Christiangal
    Christiangal

Hi Adonai438! Hey you should check out the topic Procedures for going to heaven- Pretty cool!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The only way to go to heaven is believing that Jesus Christ is God's Son, and that He was sent here to Earth to die on the cross for our sins. If you confess Him as Lord and Savior, then and only then, will you be certain that you are going to heaven.

That seems like a rather arbitrary standard. Why is belief without evidence the requirement for salvation, rather than, say, love or good deeds or meekness or something that Jesus actually taught?

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Funkyderek and his Irish round-robin day dreaming.

That seems like a rather arbitrary standard.
    Yes Derek, all standards are arbitrary.
    Why is belief without evidence the requirement for salvation
    There is evidence Derek. Read 1st John 5:8-11, and don't be so mentally lazy.

...rather than say love, good deeds or meekness or something that Jesus actually taught?
    As a person seeks and asks, the Godly spiritual quality of these characteristics are developed into the new person by the Holy Spirit after his/her salvation. Read your Bible and stop purposely asking nonsense questions that go nowhere, Derek. Also, don't be so mentally lazy.

Find out things that you ponder indiscriminately for yourself. From this you can make statements of belief and share a discussion, rather than pondering with nonsense round-robin questions.

You're doing it again Derek. Don't ask, tell--after you have read your Bible on a topic.

For example go study the word Christ in a responsible theological reference book, then soul, then spirit, then music, then heaven, they hell, then wine, then then, and more then... Look up the scriptures that are referenced to see if it makes sense to you, along the lines of their text, and then...

• Adonai438
    Adonai438
    Why is belief without evidence the requirement for salvation,

That is an assumption that evidence doesn't exist. Have you ever looked and do you really want to see evidence?
    The evidence is real if you are willing to look at it.
    <>< Angie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ahh, so we see now. Angie thinks herself more sincere than funkydereck.

When you extract the base human emotion (pride), it all becomes clear.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

You have nothing to say, 6-9??

Well, if you know greater wisdom expound please. Grace us with your interpretation of superior thought and intellect, rather than your typical drunken filth-oriented bar talk, while you wallow in self-pity, sledging the WT as though you have greater ideals and conscience than that false prophet, and hammering the Body Of Christ who reaches out to you.

Tell us how you think you are above God's grace, how you don't need God, how you worship this grain of sand called 6-9.

When you extract the base human emotion (pride), it all becomes clear.
    What an ignorant rebellious prideful platitude of response your quote, against a Christian's effort to help others.

Yes for the most part, Derek is mentally lazy and insincere. I see this is as lack of parental guidence, and he probably suffers socially for it, at this time in his life.

So, should he follow your ignorance as a way of example, of growth. What have you said to "spiritually" help his attitude, his mindset, or anyone elses for that matter.

However, for you, I've never seen you write anything but rebellion against all that is spiritually decent.

Your posting mode of operation has always been anti-God, anti-truth, anti-goodness, anti-decent, and especially anti-Christian on this forum.
    Ignorance and filth runs from your mouth like a torrent of vomit.

Any intelligent Christian softness of heart and graceful logic towards you is always met with vulgarity and trash thought.
    Your darkness seems quite deep, 6-9. Are you going to live your way the rest of life. Such an ignorant man you are, with such a vulgar mouth.

Now don't take any of this personal please. It's just my humble opinion. Just trying to help, like let you know how you behave, how you think.

Now go ride your tricyle.
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

I suppose you think that book of spiritual pus is "spiritually decent"?

Any intelligent Christian softness of heart and graceful logic
    I'm beginning to wonder if there is such a thing. There may be, but if so, I'll find it in a person like Hillary, not you.

You are, in two words, a superstitious idiot, Tommy.

It's funny to me that if there is a God, He/She/It probably has more respect for the unbeliever than the believer. At least we open doubters and unbelievers aren't suck-ups and spiritual gamblers.

The only thing in this discussion that I'm ignorant of, is how anyone can think faith is a virtue. I should know, I used to, but then again, I was kept quite ignorant for many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit