How do you know if you're going to heaven?

by Christiangal 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RWC
    RWC

Christiangal,

Welcome. It is nice to have another Christian here to engage in the debate. You will find that some of the same people who have answered you here will respond the same way to similar posts in the future. It has helped my faith to argue with them even though I know that I will not change their minds.

I too believe that faith is a sign of humility. It says that you are placing your life in the hands of one who is not seen and who will direct your life for his will and not yours. You are giving up yourself for Him and subjecting yourself to his desires, not your own. You are saying that you cannot go through life on your own and that you need his help and guidance. You are not looking only to yourself and your own abilities when a crisis hits or you are in turmoil. You are becoming a servant. That is a clear sign of humility. How that faith is lived is where we show our pride and arrogance. It is one thing to say that we believe we know the truth and want to share it. It is another to put others down who chose not to believe. That is not Christian and that is not the example we are to show. To date you have not. Keep it up.

Six of nine,

I believe that your attempt to argue that God will like the non belivers more than those that believe is an attempt to rationalize your doubts. To say to God, I may have doubted you, but don't you think that that is more worthy than believing blindly. The Bible is clear that we are to accept our faith in Christ as a child. Total acceptance without doubt and complete trust. It doesn't mean we turn off our brains and become morons. It also doens't mean that those who use those brains to doubt God and to chose not to belive in him for what they consider evidence of his nonexistence, or the perceived lack of evidence of his existence are any smarter than those who believe. It is arrogant to imply that those who believe in Christ are ignorant and if we would only see the facts the way you do we would doubt as well. How is that line of thinking any different than what you profess to hate about Christians who profess their faith?

The facts that I see lead me to the conclusion that God exists as the Bible says and that Christ was God who came to Earth to save us from our sins so that we would have everlasting life. I see that evidence both in the Bible and in my life and the lives of those who believe in Christ. You are free to believe as you choose, but don't do what you profess to hate in Christians and critcize those that believe differently.

God Bless

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

First of all I think the concepts of heaven and hell are a bit ridiculous. If your soul goes to hell, what is the point of fire, souls experience no pain, and if bodies go there, your body would incinerate in minutes. I think that our souls continue on and continue through experiences and when you soul accomplishes what God meant for it to accomplish, you will be in a place that is in god's presences. But I do not believe one needs to accept christ to obtain anything. You have to believe the bible to believe that, and if you believe the bible, that is great for you, but that may not be the spiritual path for someone else and to say they cannot have oneness with God in other ways is absurd.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I know that I am going to heaven. I was just there for a visit last night.................Pure Heaven it was. I just wish it lasted longer Ok, Ok, three hours is pretty long but hey, I am making up for almost two years.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Mindchild
    Mindchild

I'm so jealous Lilacs...for us guys it is only about six seconds at a time. And the angels came down from heaven for six seconds of heaven? No way Jose! They came down to be the babes!

Skipper

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

WW: Let's suppose you have a child of your own someday and you tell her what you require her to do in order for you to give her a special reward. Now let's suppose she then says to you, "I do not believe I need to do what you say to obtain anything. For you to tell me that I cannot receive the same reward in some other way is absurd." What would you then say to her?

I suspect it will be something like this: "I gave you life. I also give you everything you need to sustain your life. I have the right to tell you what I require from you to receive any additional special rewards. And, frankly, I don't care if you think my requirements are 'absurd' or not."

I think a lot of people are going to hear God tell them the same thing on Judgment Day.

• cellomould
    cellomould

These guys look like they're about to ascend to heaven:

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO HELL. I JUST WANT TO DIE, WHEN THIS BODY DIES. SURE.....I WOULD LOVE TO GO 200 YEARS AS OPPOSED TO WHAT WE LIVE NOW.......BUT IF IT WERE TO END NOW OR IN 200 YEARS..............I WANT TO JUST DIE. THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

F2J:

well that would not be my exact reponse. You see it that way, because you see only one path to God. I see a person can open themselves to God and God will direct them on the path that suits his or her soul. I know many people do not believe this, but I do. It is ok if you do not believe this, and it is ok for you to go one your path, but do not tell me I have to take that same path to have a relationship with God, because I do have a relationship with God and it is one that feels right in my heart. So how can that be wrong?

Also if my child said that to me, my first response would be what would she like to do in order to get a reward, maybe we could work out something. I do not believe anything should be a dictatorship, not with God. I think you always have to do something to have a relationship with God, it just may not need to be what the majority is doing. So my daughter or child would have to do something, but maybe not what I first expected of her....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Skipper, it's about 6 to 10 seconds for us women too, we just have multiples

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

The recognized religions of this world are an anathema. They are so entwined with sectarianism, self-glorification, and satanic influence that they are all cursed to go on repeating the same mistakes over and over.

What an audacity it is for anyone to say who and who will not go to heaven. Do they squat to defecate like the animals?, do they eat produce from the ground like the animals?, do they depend on rain for their water?, do they depend on the sun for their light? YES! And just like the animals they have no way of knowing what their end will be, only God knows.

But unlike Balaam's Ass who when seeing the angel stopped and refused to go further, many so called righteous people insist on having their way and will continue to curse any who refuse to believe as they do. They are having their reward in full, self-righteousness!

Who can tie God's hands? Is there an American Indian in heaven?, a Hindu?, an ancient Egyptian?, a Muslim?, a Christian? that is up to God and no one else! No religion has been granted total and absolute acceptance from God, each has sinned horribly and has degraded the name of God before all creation. Christians have done just as much fighting, killing, raping and pillaging as the followers of most other religions. By their works they have shown themselves to be just like everyone else, blind guides who bring shame upon the name of the man they claim to follow.

The Christ is still wearing his thorny crown; Christian nettles that hate the light and love the darkness.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit