An Open letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (Elders/ Ex-Elders)

by stuckinamovement 123 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

As a former elder, I'll sign on as well. It was well written with solid conviction of principles.

I admire those trying to change the org. but I feel it too late for that. Its time to leave and make a new life for yourself and family. Leaving quietly is the way to go. It would be even nicer if the GB respected those wishes of those leaving and put there pride aside.

• inbetween
    inbetween

completely agree, well written SIAM

all this things are on my list as well, maybe two more points:

a) hypocritical frowning upon higher education

b) babtism of minors

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Especially the baptism of minors. Doesn't the organization point fingers at other religions for infant baptism and yet we still alow kids not even into their TEENS get baptized. You should have to be at least 21!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

very nice

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Bump!

I sign as an 'almost' elder. (Ex-MS)

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

Amen SIAM. Elder for 10 years, am still active but now an MS the last few. Can barely stand it but feel am doing some good on a local level. Can't leave/fade yet because wife is quite active am trying to wait for her to catch up but it may never happen. *sigh*

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Welcom JWStruggle.

Seems like we are in a very similar situation. You'll enjoy this place, posting you experiences and views about all things JW, is actually pretty theraputic.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I admire those trying to change the org. but I feel it too late for that. Its time to leave and make a new life for yourself and family. Leaving quietly is the way to go. It would be even nicer if the GB respected those wishes of those leaving and put there pride aside.

I think some changes MUST happen, sooner would be better than later. A visiting speaker made the casual comment to me that he never thought he'd be this old and had worries about retirement. He is a solid in the faith JW, and was not planting seeds of discontent, just being honest.

2nd Generation JW is nothing; there are lots of 3rd/4th Generation who must be questioning all the same End of World--no time for marriage/kids/college -- warnings that Mom/Dad, Grandma/Grandpa, Great Gram/Great Grandad etc/etc heard and believed for decades. All old or dead. Thankfully Mom/Dad, Grandma/Grandpa, etc didn't listen to the marriage & kids counsel.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

bump, more active elders or former active elders please respond.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome JW Struggle,

There are a lot of us out there who are or used to be elders who have doubts about the truthfulness and direction of the organization. It says something about an organization when the only way you can question it is through an anonymous internet forum for fear of being disfellowshipped.

More and more elders are realizing that the way the organization operates is contrary to the principles that Jesus taught. I know that there are Bethelites who are aware of this site and I hope that they can see that the large number of elders resigning is not because the brother wants to live an immoral life or break God's principles but instead because he sees that the hypocrisy and authoritarian false teachings are not in harmony with what the Bible teaches.

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses Elders you are required to teach and preach certain doctrinal/organizational teachings even if you feel that they are wrong. If you express doubts or a contrary opinion you will lose your family and friends. This doesn't make for a healthy organization. Most of the elders that I have known are men of principle and sincerely want to help the flock. These type of men won't last long in an organization that requires hypocrisy.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit