An Open letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (Elders/ Ex-Elders)

by stuckinamovement 123 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@ziddina:

The problem is that many don't even know the dating procedure according to WTBTS-approved sources. I actually identified from stage in talks and in my answers in the meetings before that Babylon fell in 587 BC - nobody even responded, the elder said "Good Answer" and the rest was nodding along (maybe falling asleep, don't know). You can get away with a lot in your answers these days especially on these obscure theologies. I even mentioned once that WTBTS was part of the UN, nobody responded not even to put me in a Judicial Committee.

• ziddina
    ziddina

^ Anony Mous...

Day - YAMM!!! So you slipped all of that past them, and they didn't even notice??? That's being led by the blind, that's for sure!!

Well, I wish you the best of success with this effort!

Zid

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ZIDDINA WROTE: Crap... If you REALLY want to send something damning yet innocuous - something that a JW would be more likely to innocently open and read, why not send links to scholarly websites stating that Jerusalem fell to Babylon in 586 - 587 B.C. instead of 607 B.C....

If a man has become an elder, he really should be capable of grasping the REAL significance of accurate scholarly dating of the fall of Jerusalem...

Ziddina, you gotta be kidding!! Tell me the DEVIL smiley means you're being cynical.

Most JWs don't have any freaking idea about the doctrine they claim is THE TRUTH. Especially anything that would require and EDUCATION to grasp.

• ziddina
    ziddina

^ @ Desirous of Change...

Wow... I guess because I was a bookworm as a kid - they call them 'geeks', nowadays - I figured that the average Witness would at least catch that reference to 1914!!!

But I left in 1983 - I was raised on the '50's and '60's books that delved deeply into obscure and obfuscated scriptural prophecies - that date of 1914 was heavily emphasized for anyone studying BEFORE 1975...

New generation, new emphasis... But still the same old poisonous Watchtower mentality...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most JWs don't have any freaking idea about the doctrine they claim is THE TRUTH.

That's why they had to publish the Reasoning Book. Average JW can't effectively argue the Trinity or Immortality of the Soul, let alone explain what 2520 years has to do with 1914 or a Tree Dream.

• agent zero
    agent zero

bttt. -> any more interesting replies Anony? anything further from the Society?

• agent zero
    agent zero
    and in my answers in the meetings before that Babylon fell in 587 BC - nobody even responded, the elder said "Good Answer"

what?!? hahaha - i'll have to try that one day.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So far nothing. I'm kinda busy with 'worldly' stuff lately as well as collecting data for my next project. Either way I'll keep you updated. I have gotten some fresh addresses which I can tailor the message to.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Stuck in a movement - WOW!!!

I served as an elder for 15 years in many prominent positions and was a speaker at Circuit Overseer and District Conventions and taught at Elder's schools. My reasons for resigning and becoming inactive are the same. It was actually chilling to read your letter. I felt like someone was reading my mind!

As a former member of the Hospital Liason Committee, I would break out the stand on blood and ask a question that no one will answer for me. How is it violation of Scripture to donate blood or store your own blood in advance, but not a violation to harvest so-called "fractions" (the fractions "allowed" are getting bigger) FROM THE DONATEDBLOOD OF OTHER PEOPLE!!! Is this not the height of hypocrisy?

I could not stomach the HLC and had to quit. I felt like a fraud and liar and many doctors asked me this question and all I do was say "I don't know."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome to the Board Mr. Dark Knight.

I think that there are many of us in the same position. I know that this letter has been sent to Bethel in a few forms. I hope that it catches the attention of some sincere ones there. I think that I can see cracks start to appear in the organizational leadership. Many people who are still Witnesses are recognizing the fact that the Governing Body is a sham. I believe that there is another Ray Franz currently serving on the Body. If there is an honest man still in a leadership position I encourage him to stand up for what is right and expose the fraud within the organization.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit