Is Forgiveness Overrated?

by leavingwt 195 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do"

What Jesus should have said- 'As a self proclaimed God who had the power to help his People I did nothing. As God I could have kicked the ass of the Roman Army all the way back to Rome and did nothing, I could have sent my really bad kick ass boys, the 7 Arch Angels, to kick the ass of the Roman Army all the way back to Rome and Free my People but I did nothing, I'm sorry.'

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do"

They didn't know and He did forgive them.

What Jesus should have said- 'As a self proclaimed God who had the power to help his People I did nothing. As God I could have kicked the ass of the Roman Army all the way back to Rome and did nothing, I could have sent my really bad kick ass boys, the 7 Arch Angels, to kick the ass of the Roman Army all the way back to Rome and Free my People but I did nothing, I'm sorry.'

It wouldn't hurt to actually read about the NT you know, just a suggestion.

LOL !

• bohm
    bohm

designs: well, he is not allways 100% right, or 100% fair, but he is always entertaining and he do manage to get some good points across, one of them being a full-scale character assasination of jesus and the ransom (after doing it to mother theresa he apparenty desided to aim higher) :-). His book "God is not Great" attack all religion under the slogan: "Religion poison everything".

This is classical: (if its the one i am thinking about)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlocyrsE28o

(Notice how Turek change color during the debate and hitchens seem quite drunk).

near the end Turek gets quite angry and "challenge" Hitchens by asking him "what is the purpose of life if you are an atheist" (or something like that), the result being epic fail...

• designs
    designs

Great series Bohm, thanks.

PS- to paraphrase a George Patton quip- 'Do I read the NT, every damn day!'

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS- to paraphrase a George Patton quip- 'Do I read the NT, every damn day!'

LMAO !!

Nice one.

• tec
    tec
    tammy -- i will reply. i dont have the time right now and i am trying to come to terms with being 100% certain Satan said he wanted to be worshipped in genesis chapter 3.. its not easy.

No problem, and take your time. I just want to say how much I appreciate your absolute sincerity to our discussion. I hope I am showing the same.

I think I'm fortunate not to have been indoctrinated as a child - other than being told about God and his son, and their love for us. No one tried to teach me any of the details about anything else. I think the jw's liked that about me because I didn't have any of the traditional Christian beliefs or biases (didn't even know there was a trinity until they taught it to me to 'unteach' it.) I wasn't raised in a religion, I didn't have religious parents, and of the few Sunday school classes I attended, I remember memorizing John 3:16, and being part of a group of kids whose teachers spent a few sessions convincing us that we could be 100% sure that we were going to heaven, and not hell.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit