Is Forgiveness Overrated?

by leavingwt 195 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Aguest: Heres what God should do:

Please, DO tell, dear Bohm (again, peace to you, as well!)!

Place death on mars. Give him crayons and paper.

Actually, that’s unnecessary… and unlikely… because Death is already bound, so banishing him to Mars isn’t necessary. He is also a spirit and so nothing in the physical world can bind him… except water. But there’s no water on Mars; at least, not enough to bind him (vapor and ice can’t do much). Besides, simply sending him there would do… what? Keep him from the earth? Spirits are not bound by such things as physical space, dear one. Third, although bound in the spirit world he has “agents” that have influence in this one (like a shot-caller doing time on death row might).

Tell Death that he should not mess with his creation.

Well, that’s why he became bound, luv. He was FREE in the spirit realm (because spirit beings are free, vs. bound like we are). Then, through Adham, Death came into the physical realm (which was NOT supposed to happen!)… and from Adham to Moses ruled as king over man (in addition to HIS kingdom, the pit). As a son, Adham could have been that king (or at least an important heir) but, again, he sold his birthright TO Death. Death was bound, however… and through the Law… by means of which Israel agreed to be bound to HIM… the Most Holy One of Israel took the kingship back as to Israel (and those went with). Death was, and is still is king over everyone else, however.

The Most Holy One of Israel then appointed a NEW king over Israel… which king Israel rejected. Which king was impaled to satisfy Death’s requirement. As a result of that impalement and death, however, Israeland all those who go WITH… have been set free from the “deal” Adham made with Death. IF… they acknowledge and put faith IN that king. Otherwise, Death is still their king.

that God did not manage to do that show he has either little foresight or regard for his creation.

OR… that He is wiser than any of us could ever be. Seeing as we only know a part of what occurred, because only a part is written… I would say that the proverb that says it’s foolish to respond to a matter without knowing all the details is… worthy of attention.

Same for the serpent.

His time will come.

same for the sin backdoor. talk about intelligent design...

That "backdoor" had a choice: open... or stay closed. He CHOSE to open. Perhaps he will be shown mercy. We’ll have to wait and see.

And your assuming Adam and Eve are both frekkin' morons who believe the omnipotent God is the wrong guy to side with.

Well, yeah, Eve was a bit of a moron, if that’s the right term, in that she was deceived. She was tricked into thinking that she would not die. Adham was the great moron, however, because he KNEW he would die... and chose to do it anyway. He did it because he knew that he could buy authority over Death. He did not anticipate, however, that it would be for a hot second.

Again, we should properly remind ourselves that the problem only exist because God is a poor designer, secondly because he designed two beings who are to stupid to make the most obvious choice ever.

Perhaps. Perhaps they made their decisions because there was no example prior to them. In that light, I must ask… what is the excuse for YOUR choice? I mean, since Adham/Eve’s was based on stupidity? Were you made stupid, as well? And I mean no offense, truly. Rather, I mean for you to think about what you've stated, yourself, and why you’re making the EXACT SAME CHOICE: to rebel against God. I would reason that it’s because you can… because you HAVE a choice and as a free-will agent have made it. With no influence, really, from anyone at all. Or am I wrong? If I am right, then at least Adham and Eve had some excuse – poor influence by another.

No offence, but if you base this on personal revelation, i think its best we dont continue this discussion since i can only talk about the god of the bible.

Well, that is entirely your choice, of course, dear one. But everything I’ve shared is written, including in the Bible (you and others don't "see" it, however, because you're leaning upon your own understanding... rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to "open up" the scriptures... and what some others wrote as to them... to you. Which is also you choice).

Now, I am not necessarily speaking of the “god of the Bible” per se, because the false styluses of the secretaries/scribes have rendered Him quite incorrectly in a number of instances. But I am speaking of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, which is the One that the Bible is supposed to contain the truth about. Since it doesn’t, entirely, He sent His Son, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, to tell the truth about Him. So, I just listen to that One (which both God… and the Bible… says we should do).

really. Where does it say there are other spirit beings

The scriptures, including those included in the Bible and those that aren’t.

God must do what they tell him to?

I don’t know that He must do what they “tell” Him to. He does do what His Son asks Him to do. And He certainly does what He AGREES to do. He told Adham that if he ate… he would die. In order for Adham TO die… which is what Adham wanted (i.e., to “know” bad)… he (Adham) had to belong TO Death. So, Adham sold himself… his wife… and his progeny to Death. That one became his "father." But, t he Most Holy One of Israel couldn’t just step in and say, “Oh, no, I’m nullifying this agreement.” Perhaps I can explain to you why that is, using more modern terms, those found in [the laws/rules/processes of] contracting:

It would be like you, a grown man... wanting to buy something extremely expensive... selling your interest (as heir) in that portion of the freehold estate you inherited from your father. Which estate has been in your family for centuries. Then having your father, the original grantor, saying to the Buyer, “Oh, no, Bohm, isn’t giving you a thing! I intended something else for that land; it’s supposed to go to his heirs. You’re wicked and evil and it’s not right that you took it from him!"

Of course, the Buyer will deny that he TOOK anything. So, your dad says, "Well, okay, it's not right that you let him sell it to you!" To which the Buyer will respond, "I didn't LET him do anything. He WANTED to - he CHOSE to sell it to me!" Even still, your dad says, "No, the whole deal was wrong, so give the deed he gave you back!”

Well, I have to tell you, dear one... that won’t fly, not at all. Why? Because t he Buyer will tell your dad:

First, that the estate is a "fee simple" (meaning, it is totally free and able to be conveyed, leased, encumbered, whatever) and although dad wanted it to go to the grandkids… you were totally free to convey (sell/give) it to whomever you wanted and chose. Because it was not a "fee entail" (which would have prevented you; a fee entail has restrictions so that the estate never leaves the family hold - but since your father trusted you… why wouldn’t he?… he didn’t have the deed drawn up as a fee entail).

Second, the only way he (the Buyer) would even THINK of giving it back is for someone to refund him for the amount he paid to get it in the first place. And now… the price has just gone up. In fact, it's now double!

Now, perhaps your dad is, say, a judge. Given that, you might think he could just step up and say, “Well, I’ve decided to void/nullify the agreement.” However, the Buyer would most like laugh in his face. Why? Because… it was a valid contract: you were of age, competent, and the land was yours to convey – it was not restricted - at the time. And so, for your dad to just nullify the agreement… would be an injustice, on at least two accounts: (1) he is your father, and so there is a conflict of interest right off the bat, and (2) since the contract was valid, on what grounds is he so nullifying (note, there is the issue of unconscionability, but it doesn't apply here – true, the Buyer just might be unscrupulous, but that doesn’t negate a contract. There has to be something in the CONTRACT that is unconscionable… or in the contracting. Eve was deceived, so your dad could say it was “fraud in the inducement” as to her. That would void her "contract". But YOU weren’t deceived. YOU chose to contract. Meaning, it was YOU who made the OFFER… which the Buyer ACCEPTED… and not the other way around, as with Eve.

So, how does your dad get the family estate back? Unfortunately, h e doesn’t have the “funds” to “cover” the "asking price" just then… nor do you. So, what happens? The estate goes to the Buyer… until you or your dad can meet his (the Buyer’s) “price”… to buy it back.

That is exactly what occurred here: Adham sold his lifeforce… the “estate” which he received directly from God… which did not have sin or death in it... which lifeforce his children WOULD have inherited (and so, their future lifeforces, as well)… to Death. In exchange for something very “expensive” – authority over Death.

The Most Holy One of Israel, however, bought back what Adham SOLD… by paying “price” exacted by Death: the life of His Son, Christ. That One’s life… which was now worth DOUBLE Adham's (because there was no sin or death in it, unlike the "tainted goods" that Adham now was)... REPURCHASED the inheritance... the lifeforce from God... which lifeforce Death has NO hold on... that Adham sold.

The difference, however, is that the Buyer in this case, Death, didn’t get to KEEP that “purchase money”, the liferforce of Christ. Why? Because after my Lord went to Sheol/Hades… and “released” the spirits that Death held there (i.e., those who put faith in him after he preached to them, there)… HE CAME BACK. Death was unable to hold HIM there. Why? Because, unlike Adham... my Lord kept HIS lifeforce PERFECT... and so WITHOUT sin and death in it. And so, Death was not able to hold HIS lifeforce. The perfect lifeforce belongs to God; the imperfect lifeforce belongs to Death... except to the extent it has been redeemed FROM Death.

And so, Death, through his agent, the one called Satan and Devil… went on the rampage. He is trying to make up for the spirits (lifeforces) he lost… through the releasing/redemption done by Christ. That is why my Lord said, “The ruler of the world is coming”… and why he (Satan) is “waging war with the remaining ones of the seed [of the woman": he has to make up for the spirits Death has LOST… which he now owes to Death, the one HE sold out to and gave him HIS “authority.”

Someone has to "pay" Death. Death not only lost the "purchase price" that was Christ, but also the lifeforces of those who Christ BOUGHT back from him. Satan's job... is to fill the void caused by those lost lifeforces. If he can do it with the lifeforces of any who belong to Christ, that is some compensation. Little, but some.

I hope this clarifies, dear Bohm, and again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest: Are you saying that once imbalance was initiated by Adham and Eve using their free will to sin, the "game" began between Life (God) and Death?

Not exactly, dear JO (the greatest of love and peace to you!). It really isn’t a game, per se. And to say that i t was a struggle for power isn't quite accurate, either. I mean, in order for there to be a struggle, the parties have to be somewhat equal. And that was never the case. Because God... Life/Light/Love/Good… was never going to lose. There have been "battles", yes... between the Most Holy One of Israel… and those who belong to Him… and Abaddon (Death/Darkness/Hate/Bad)… and those who belong to him. But the latter has lost every one. And he has lost the ultimate one, as well.

I say “lost”… because the final battle is over. Unfortunately, we live in the physical world were the reality of that loss has not yet manifest; but it will. Because time is limited here, things occur at a different… well, speed… than in the spirit realm. It has all already been accomplished, fulfilled. That is why John and others were able to "see" it. The only way I can explain it is that it’s like when scientists talk about the sight of a supernova: we are just seeing it now, but it occurred a gazillion years ago.

In order for free will to exist, there must be choices and consequences.

Okay...

In order for a perfect universe to exist (and God's universe IS perfect), there must be a balance between the forces.

The spirit realm is perfect. The physical realm started out that way but is not at this time. That is why there IS imbalance. In the spirit realm, Death was and is “checked.” He is not, here, however… because he entered through Adam… and not through Christ. But it will be returned to perfect balance, yes. In both the spirit AND physical realms. And we will be able to go in and out between both (which we can't do, right now, except on rare occasions when were are "in spirit").

Death was ahead until Christ came into physical manifestation and "checked" Death. What am I missing?

Not quite, dear one. Death is sort of still ahead. Christ checked Death with regard to himself and those who belong to him. Death must be checked, however, as to ALL. And t hat will not occur until Death… is no more. That will occur when the destruction... and so END... of Death… “the last enemy”… is manifest in this realm.

I hope this clarifies for you, dear JO, and, as always, the greatest of love and peace to you!

SA

• designs
    designs

Death can be bound by water............... ok if Max says so

• bohm
    bohm

Why could Adam and Eve NOT be allowed to eat from the tree of life after having disobeyed? We can only speculate as to that based on our limited understandings and beliefs. Which is what we have been doing.

I think the question is why God did not forgive them and put it straight.

your answer seem (to me!) to be that either God did forgive them right away, but they wanted very badly to live and die on earth so they didnt care (the "screw you" solution), or God was tied on his hands and feet so he could not let them remain in Eden.

I find both of these options absurd; the first because it require Adam and Eve to think Eden was a pretty poor place; in other words, God had created maladjusted creatures, and the second because i can see no reason why an omnipotent God could not set things straight right away, given he had control over all aspects of their body and satans.

ofcourse your answers may be correct, or there may be additional characters we do not know about (Aguests "Death") which change things, but in the easiest reading of the story, God did indeed get angry with them, God did not attempt to forgive them or set things straight, and God did chase them away though it would surely mean death. Here is a few passages:

To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children.
    Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat food from it
    all the days of your life.
    18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.
    19 By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
    until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
    for dust you are
    and to dust you will return.”

God does not sound like he is in a forgiving mood, or trying to work with them to find a more constructive solution than what followed. In fact he sound like an angry bitter person who are trying to hurt them because they did not obbey his commands.

So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side [e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

notice god is driving them out, even placing an angel to prevent them to eat from the tree which is supposedly vital for them to eat from least they die. To me this does not sound like they desperately wanted to leave the garden. Again, God seem rather unforgiving and angry, but you may ofcourse red these verses differently.

I don't think your 'messing with her mind/memories' would work. For one, He would also have to mess with Adam's on account of her.

no, first off he should have stepped in allready when the serpent began to talk to eve like a snake, something fishy was going on. Secondly he should DEFINATELY have stepped in when Eve disobayed, tell me you would not have done so where it your kids. In both of these cases we must rationalize that the omnipotent God somehow didnt know what was occuring in the garden of eden.

Secondly, they are different people, and he should give them the offer individually. You would not collectively punish your kids either.

For two, do you think it is viable to go back and mess with someone's mind every time something goes wrong, or someone make a bad decision on account of being deceived or misled.

Aha. So your saying that the natural state of their minds was not like God made it, but like it became after they ate the fruit? Because otherwise he would not have messed with their minds, he would have removed something very dangerous from it which would otherwise eventually lead to their death. I think doctors do that all the time.

Isn't it lack of trust that caused them to be misled in the first place?

no they was desieved... Eve had zero life experience, and she had never tried to be lied to before. Said in another way, every time she had heard someone tell her it was okay to do something, she could have trusted that person. Thats what she did here, and i dont see that as lack of trust.

And even so - trust need to be won; not drilled in by threads. Again God is being inhumane.

If that was the case for all of mankind, how many minds would have to be wiped or altered?

your saying God designed the mind wrongly; such that it was not naturally pre-disposed of fulfilling its role in Eden?

• bohm
    bohm

Shelby, seriously, what do you think is going to happend to me if i continue my rebellion against God until i die a natural death?

• tec
    tec
    Your answer seem (to me!) to be that either God did forgive them right away, but they wanted very badly to live and die on earth so they didnt care (the "screw you" solution), or God was tied on his hands and feet so he could not let them remain in Eden.

These are not my answers. The first was a possible answer to a scenario that you put forth that never happened, and the second is just one thing that we have both speculated about.

God did indeed get angry with them, God did not attempt to forgive them or set things straight, and God did chase them away though it would surely mean death. Here is a few passages:

We can assume anger and put it in there, but that isn't necessarily so. It could also just be sadness and/or resignation. We're also assuming that it was their 'right' to have eternal life, and not a gift. Or that had he allowed them to eat from the tree of life anyway, that things would have been better. Neither you nor I know any of this.

God does not sound like he is in a forgiving mood, or trying to work with them to find a more constructive solution than what followed. In fact he sound like an angry bitter person who are trying to hurt them because they did not obbey his commands.

I agree that it does depend on how you're looking at it. But if you're looking at it with certain assumptions, then you cannot know that you are right, and you are more likely wrong - since assuming things tends to do that to us.

What do you suggest the more constructive solution could have been, and how do you know that this would have been the best solution for all, in the long run?

no, first off he should have stepped in allready when the serpent began to talk to eve like a snake, something fishy was going on. Secondly he should DEFINATELY have stepped in when Eve disobayed, tell me you would not have done so where it your kids. In both of these cases we must rationalize that the omnipotent God somehow didnt know what was occuring in the garden of eden.

The serpent was talking to Eve period. I don't know what you mean by continuing to imply that he was a serpent, and then a snake... like there was some sort of transformation. That is another assumption, based on commonly accepted things in Christianity I concede... but even that is an assumption. And what if he didn't know what was going on? Or perhaps he waited for Adam to step in, since Eve was his wife, and Adam was not deceived? Or perhaps he thought they would answer appropriately, and gave them the chance to do so? There are many possibilities, and also many outcomes that could have come from a different choice occurring.

Even now, He lets us make our own choices. Whether we know what we're doing or not might significantly change if we are forgiven and given eternal life.
    Aha. So your saying that the natural state of their minds was not like God made it, but like it became after they ate the fruit? Because otherwise he would not have messed with their minds, he would have removed something very dangerous from it which would otherwise eventually lead to their death. I think doctors do that all the time.

See there are assumptions here as well, and I'm not sure which ones you're using to come to this. They KNEW evil. They took in that knowledge and so tasted evil/experienced evil. So God would have had to erase that knowledge from their memories, and the experience... though that wouldn't have done anything to stop them from doing so in the future. Of course, then he would also have been lying, and Satan telling the truth. Because they ate and did not die.

no they was desieved... Eve had zero life experience, and she had never tried to be lied to before. Said in another way, every time she had heard someone tell her it was okay to do something, she could have trusted that person. Thats what she did here, and i dont see that as lack of trust.

Adam was not deceived. And we also don't know how much life experience Eve had by the account... but I agree that probably no one had tried to lie to her before. But in order to believe the Serpent, she had to also believe that God, her creator and the One who had given her life and this garden, was a liar. But she wanted the knowledge of good and evil, and she wanted to be like God.

A worse deed for the serpent, and for Adam (who could have stepped into protect and try to stop her), but still a wrong one for her.
    And even so - trust need to be won; not drilled in by threads.

So you think that being given a good life, good food, a beautiful garden, animals and plants to name and to tend to, a companion, etc... things that are unworthy of trust?

your saying God designed the mind wrongly; such that it was not naturally pre-disposed of fulfilling its role in Eden?

I'm not saying that at all. However God designed the mind, He gave us the ability to choose... I don't know how bad or pointless things would be if it were otherwise.

Tammy
  • Terry
    Terry

Jesus had an interesting view of self-respect.

If somebody slaps you across the face you turn your cheek so the other one can take a wallop too!

Forgiveness is one of those ideas that are peddled across the centuries that catch on without much thought being attached.

Without self-respect we are a punching bag.

Jesus was man-handled, scourged and tortured. Paul advised us we should take the same course.

This doesn't sound sick to any of us because we've simply accepted it along with our Cheerios our whole life long.

I have to ask: WHAT DOES IT HURT to rethink this? I mean from a fresh, skeptical and unbiased point of view?

• bohm
    bohm

Sorry about the snake/serpent thing, i don mean anything particular about it.

Tammy, do you feel that you have to make certain assumptions to in order to make the story seem reasonable?

What do you suggest the more constructive solution could have been, and how do you know that this would have been the best solution for all, in the long run?

Right. In all moral evaluation of others, we must face the fact we dont know anything about the situation and their motives. And an act that seem very immoral can actually be moral because of some thing we dont know.

But we cant take that and use it as an argument NOT to evaluate if other people around us are moral -- we must go with what we find is the easiest explanation. I feel you need to put in element after element of the story to make it work. So to answer your question, suppose i am God then

• Since i explicitly gave my subjects "free will" and at the same time expected them to behave in a certain way, i would know they might disbehave. I would have to sit down and think about what this implied, and come up with some resolution before i went about and created stuff. I would have to think about: 1) the kinds of ways they could disbehave, what would the consequences be? 2) what i would do if they disbehaved.
    • Then i created the tree of knowledge. When i created it and thought: "I dont want my subjects to eat from this" i would also naturally think about how i should prevent it, and what would happend if they did eat from it.
      Lets asume they are my children. I dont want them to eat from the cookie jar, and i dont want them to play with my gun. The consequences from eating from the cookie jar are very small, while the consequences from playing with my gun are very large. Therefore i would act differently: Cookie jar can stand on the kitchen table, loaded gun will be placed in my safe in the garage. Thats how i think about the subject. Therefore, i would place the tree of knowledge on mars, or at least put a glass wall around it.
      Over to you: Where you God, and you knew about the consequences of disobeying this command, would you have placed the tree of knowledge where they could easily eat from it? (im not asking if you can think of a special circumstance which is not explicitly mentioned in the bible which explain why God acted differently, im asking what you think you would have done)
    • Assume i did create the tree of life where they could easily access it for reasons i dont understand.
    • Why did i create the tree of knowledge in such a way that it imediately affected the subject, and not just kick into effect like 20 hours later? Thats a rather strange design descision, and i dont understand it. I have to assume i just made it so.
    • Since disobeying me make me very perturbed, i would naturally keep track of it. Therefore i would have known when satan wanted to challenge me and i would have had that conversation with him. We assume i didnt do that for some reason i dont understand.
    • Assume i only figure out about the snake, adam and eve after the event.
    • I would think the snake was the real source of problems, given that it wanted worship. I dont understand that and i see demanding worship as a serious character flaw. If i had a kid and he told me: "I want worship from the dog", i would be very scared! (what about you? Do you want worship yourself? Do you think its healthy for someone to want worship?). Therefore i would be afraid something had gone wrong with satan, and i would see that as a separate problem, to be fixed at some other time. For now i would focus on adam and eve:
    • When i heard she had been tricked into eating from the tree, i would forgive her in an instant. even if she did it on purpose, even if she believed i had lied to her, even if we assume all of those things, i would forgive her. (what would you have done?) But those things are not really in the bible, and it seem far more natural to assume God just changed his mind or altered the tree or that eve believed she has misheard God.
      can you see what i mean that you make assumptions to get God off the hook?
    • Whenever i did something wrong as a kid my dad would allways explain why it was wrong. I would explain to eve why it is bad to eat from the tree.
    • I would have asked her if she wanted me to remove the influence the tree had on her so she would return to her initial state from 3 minutes ago (the result would at most be a short-term memory loss!), or if she wanted to sadden me by going to the earth and that i would eventually kill jesus. (do you think it is reasonable to assume eve would have rejected such an offer? would you?)
    • if she refused i would just have done it anyway. it would have been more humane than what followed, and i would recognize it as immoral to kill jesus.
    • Then i would have seen, without satan, if she would have done the same mistake once again. i would in the meanwhile reconsider my skills as a parent, and the foolishness of humans. i would see that as my mistakes, given they are my creation, and properly think to myself that its okay to mess up a bit given this is my first universe.

if you walk through the points, can you honestly tell me those choices would not be more natural than what supposedly happened, unless you make some huge assumption that are not in the story?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Death can be bound by water...............

WIth the exception of the Most Holy One of Israel (initially) and the Holy One of Israel (now), dear designs (peace to you!)... all spirit beings can be bound by water. Even Death (he is actually somewhat bound by water as we speak). Hence, the Flood... Pharaoh (and his army) meeting their end in the Red Sea... Legion being sent into swine... which were sent into the sea... etc., etc. Water binds spirits... fire (if it is hot enough) destroys them. That is why Satan... and Death... are destroyed... in the "Lake" of fire.

The "trick" is to get a spirit IN the water. Since that is not an easy fete, the Flood, for example, occurred in order to bind them. The flesh they occupied perished. The flesh of those who were not spirit beings, per se, also perished; however, it will be resurrected (to life, for those who put faith in Christ after he went and revealed himself to them; to judgment, unfortunately... and thus condemnation... for those who didn't.)

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, seriously, what do you think is going to happend to me if i continue my rebellion against God until i die a natural death?

Assuming you die a "natural" death, dear Bohm (peace to you!) - LOLOLOLOLOL - I would have to say I honestly don't know. The Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it. In addition, while you (and others) may think you're rebelling... and maybe you are... it could that you did an act of mercy/kindness to the least of one of his brothers (including, perhaps, dear tec... or even yours truly - )... which act of kindness would be remembered. Indeed, all could "go well" with you as a result of that one act, if it is JAH's will.

I think we spend too much time on trying to "figure it all out"... on trying to get to know "stuff" and "things"... rather than simply trying to get to know Christ... and be known BY him. Because really, that is the bottom line: knowing the Most Holy One of Israel (vs. "bad")... AND the One He sent forth, His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

We can know that Noah existed... or that Zeus didn't. We can know there was a global flood... but that there is no water on, say, Mars. We can know all kinds of things. But none of it will get us everlasting life. Personally, I would rather spend my 70-80 or so years getting to know that One, the One who CAN give me everlasting life... and he, me... than wondering how closely related to a primate I am. Not that knowing the second has no benefit - perhaps knowing will lead to me living 90-100. Okay. But while the second may be of some benefit, it will only be so for such 90 or so years. The first, however, promises an eternal benefit. I vote we all go for both, with emphasis on the first. Just leave religion (and if one can, the Bible) out of it.

Again, peace to you!

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit