To all lurking JW elders

by Mickey mouse 57 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Im not interested in Atheism

Atheism should never be something one is driven to or becomes "interested in." It, ideally, should be a natural intellectual state. If Atheism chooses you, then you know you are a true atheist and not just someone confused about their beliefs.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Basically, confused I am talking about being truly honest with yourself, it will help you avoid spiritual peril in the present and the future.

-Sab

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Interesting comments CC and the rest of you..

• bsmart
    bsmart

Just a note, if you are fairly new to the site, the "best of" links by Lady Lee are a must read. Go to Home at the left corner (under active topics) and browse.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mad Sweeney

Its comments like yours that likely disuade some from getting involved here. I know these books exist, and you obviously believe what they have to say, but dont accuse others of lacking the capacity for intelligent comment just because they havent read them. Its arrogant and impolite.

No it isn't. It's straightforward advice.

If mild mannered Mad Sweeney is keeping people away from JWN, then imagine how many the really outrageous and extreme guys around here are keeping in "the truth."

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

curiousconfused:

'I am so far entrenched, I cant ever see a way out even if I wanted to - so maybe this is the outlet I need for now.'

I hear you loud and clear 'compadre'. I find this forum to be a terrific form of Therapy!

Around my parts there is a country song. The cowboy is lamenting ...'she used me up til I'm all used up'. The WTBTS will do that to families and individuals alike and then spit them out.

Welcome curiousconfused!

Good Topic also.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Sorry for the harsh welcome curiousconfused. I shouldn't have hit you with the scandals and I apologize. I understand all about being entrenched.

Welcome to JWN.

• hasmat
    hasmat

curiousconfused, the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only ones who do not believe in the trinity doctrine. There are many out there who are monotheistic. Here is one for example: http://www.focusonthekingdom.org/about_anthony.html

I hope you read Bro Franz' "Christian Freedom" book as well. It is deep and thought provoking.

• jah1914
    jah1914

I follow you on a lot of points confused. Never quite understood any religion that claims to be the 'only' way to God though. Religion is merely a tool that provides some guideposts on our journey toward whatever is ultimately really the 'truth'. No one really knows....it is all guess work. There is not one religious group/organization/personal belief system/etc....that has one shred of evidence they can point to outside of themselves and their 'experience' to prove anything as factual. If so someone please share it with me, because I am truly searching, but I suspect I will be sadly disappointed.....

Point is all of us are just guessing IMHO. So we won't know the truth until it slaps us in the face after we die, whatever that truth is. If I wake up in heaven or hell when I die, oh well guess all this stuff was true then. If I wake up as a bug or as a cosmic oneness, then I guess that was true. It is just so foriegn to me that we would even debate about religious beliefs, but that is just me. So until someone from heaven\hell\afterlife whatever comes back and reports to me that everything in the sum of human experience about religion is true then all anyone can do is try to abide by believe systems that will equip them to lead productive lives. If that includes being a JW fine, if not that is fine too. If it includes bashing JWs that is fine too...it just really doesn't matter.......sorry........now let me go pop my anti-depression pills

Let the flames begin.......

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOLOLOL, Jah1914!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit