To all lurking JW elders

by Mickey mouse 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Come on in, the water's fine. You may even realise you have close friends and family here.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

cricket...cricket...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Lurking pioneers, ministerial servants and their wives are welcome, too!

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Yes elders or should I say independent agents you need to come on here and confess your sins to the hairyhegoat! I have good news to share!

The WTBTS is going down from within fast so get off the stinking ship while you can because when it does they will try to shift the blame to individual congregations to avoid going to jail themselves, YOU OPERATE ON YOUR OWN WITH NO BACK UP FROM BETHELL IN A CRISIS. What the hell are you doing their ? You will be liable for the sake of men in crooklin. Wake up and leave the halls on mass then no WTBTS... Amen

HHG

• ziddina
    ziddina

Quirky = LOLOLOL!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

good try

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

Hello,

This is my 1st post. I am a serving Elder in a congragation in the UK. I have been lurking here for a while, and I'm not yet convinced what these excursions on JWN are acheiving. As an insider, and a reasonably well educated person, I have some concerns about certain aspects of proceedure and current developments. However, I struggle to see whats so great about the "other side". I have good friends, enjoy the whole "collegiate thing" of life as a JW, and believe that my spiritual need is being largely met.

If I had a gripe right now its with the overlap teaching. Its flawed and does little to provide reassurance about a central part of the faith. To be cynical, I think Barr came out with it, and then there was some furious "back-filling" to avoid the appearence of a gaff. The power-grab by the GB seems unedifying as well. I thought they were in charge anyway - wasnt aware we needed weekly reminders..

I respect anybodys right to leave the Organisation, and to comment positivly or negativly about their own experiences, but it just seems to me that rather than offer a better alternative, that most ex-JW's - and certainly the more ardent posters here, just want to extract more folks for its own end.

Anyway, Ill lurk for a little longer I suspect, if only for the amusing conspiricary theories here....

regards

curiousconfused

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome, curious!

I hope you stick around.

However, I struggle to see whats so great about the "other side". I have good friends, enjoy the whole "collegiate thing" of life as a JW, and believe that my spiritual need is being largely met.

I think that is a thing many struggle with at some point: there are positive aspects of the social side. But at what cost?:

I respect anybodys right to leave the Organisation, and to comment positivly or negativly about their own experiences,

unfortunately you are fairly alone here -- if it was not so, this board would properly be entirely empty! I am not holding you responsible, but have you seen others pay that cost?

My girlfriend, for example, found a worldly boyfriend (me). Notice we were in different parts of the country and she did *not* try to influence anyone or question anything. Despite this, everyone turned their back on her and rumors began to fly, thinks that was simply not true. That is what i see as the true "cost" of a social side that many (my girlfriend and me included!) largely see as positive. I recognize this is actually a good argument for you to remain in.

if you want to comment on something i have written, but out of principle dont want to do it in the open forum, feel free to send me a pm. you can do so by clicking on my name.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi 'curiousconfused'

You said 'I'm not yet convinced what these excursions on JWN are acheiving'.

Well at the least this forum is giving you an opportunity to say some things that are on your mind but daren't say to another Witness out loud.

Surely that is worth something?

Stick around, join in to your own level of comfort.

Thomas Covenant

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Curious, if being a JW satisfies your spiritual needs, that is just fine and dandy and I'm very happy for you. But if the generation gaff is the only thing you see wrong with this cult, you're living on another planet. The Watchtower destroys lives and families on a daily basis. Many of us are here to try and help others who have fallen victim to this highly destructive mind-control psychobabble, or to prevent them from falling into it. That of course, is not to mention the rampant organizationally-harbored pedophilia and ten-year scandal in bed with the "Wild Beast".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit