The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    The Bible is clear that God forbade Israel to eat dead animals

How can you eat an animal unless it's dead?

• cofty
    cofty
    Why did God allow those not under the law of Moses to eat an unbled carcass when God forbade mankind to eat animals that were not bled? Gen 9:4 Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat.

I would love you to answer that question.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    How can you eat an animal unless it's dead?

dead vs slaughtered

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    For forty years after permission was given in Lev.17

Lev. 17 speaks about restoration not about permission. You conclude permission is implied. The text does not say permission, cofty does.

Ex 22:31 You should prove yourselves holy people to me, and you must not eat the flesh of anything in the field that has been torn by a wild animal....

The Law of Moses is clear forbidding Israel from eating animals found dead and those torn by wild animals -except for cofty.

Cofty's commentary is swill!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Leviticus said you could eat and only be unclean till evening , Deuteronomy was a peice of propaganda written much later and it clearly contradicts what was written in the earlier book. Just like the book of Acts contradicts what Paul supposedly wrote and what Jesus supposedly said at Mathew chapters 12&15.

• cofty
    cofty
    Ex 22:31 You should prove yourselves holy people to me, and you must not eat the flesh of anything in the field that has been torn by a wild animal....

I have explained Ex.22 many times. It is about an animal torn by a wild animal.

It is very dishonest of you to continue to use this verse to support your case.

• cofty
    cofty
    Leviticus said you could eat and only be unclean till evening , Deuteronomy was a peice of propaganda written much later and it clearly contradicts what was written in the earlier book. - Crazyguy

I strongly disagree. There is no conflict between Lev.11 & 17 and Deut.14 regarding blood.

• cofty
    cofty
    Lev. 17 speaks about restoration not about permission - Fishy

Verses 13 & 14 state very clearly that anybody who hunts an animal for food and does not bleed it will be cut off. I presume you understand that to mean capital punishment. There is no provision for "restoration".

Verse 15 says that anybody who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. Nobody gets stoned to death. The only requirement is to have bath and change clothes.

Why is there a difference if as you assert, the blood of an animal that dies of itself is just as sacred as one that has been killed?

I will keep asking you that underlined question until you answer it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Verse 15 says that anybody who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. Nobody gets stoned to death. The only requirement is to have bath and change clothes.

It does not say anybody. Non Jews were not under the law and not required to ceremonially wash.

Don't waste my time with cofty's nonsesical comentary. I don't have time to read your dribbling long commentary of scripture as cofty sees it.

Lev 15 If anyone, whether a native or a foreigner, eats an animal found dead or one torn by a wild animal, he must then wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; then he will be clean.

No permission stated only restoration.

When you can show that God allowed to eat dead animals, prove it with scripture. Lev 17:15 shows a distinction between the blood of a slaughtered animal ( for food)and one found dead. It was not permission for Israel to go around eating dead animals with impunity as your falsified OP states.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Leviticus 17 does contradict Deuteronomy I believe because Deuteronomy is way to vague.

Leviticus makes it clear in chapter 17 that draining the blood by a hunter or anyone that kills the animal was to do with the life of the animal. Out of respect for the animals life you took your to drain the blood. It says life three times. It was ok to eat a road kill animal and its blood because you didn't take its life. Since you didn't kill it you would only be unclean until evening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit