The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Verse 15 says that anybody who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. - Cofty
    It does not say anybody. - Fishy

All persons, citizens or aliens, who eat what dies of itself or what has been torn by wild animals, shall wash their clothes, and bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the evening; then they shall be clean. - Leviticus 17:15

Has it now got to the stage that you need to resort to bare-faced lies? By definition the phrase citizens or aliens covers absolutely everybody and anybody.

• cofty
    cofty

Crazyguy I dealt with that question here...

There is no contradiction.

• cofty
    cofty
    Lev 17:15 shows a distinction between the blood of a slaughtered animal ( for food)and one found dead. - Fishy

Yes exactly.

Why?

It was not permission for Israel to go around eating dead animals with impunity

I would not call being asked to take a nice bath and put on clean clothes any sort of penalty.

Absolutely no punishment at all for eating an unbled animal found already dead. That is the definition of impunity.

But you still have refused to answer my question....

Why is there a difference if as you assert, the blood of an animal that dies of itself is just as sacred as one that has been killed?

I will keep asking you that underlined question until you answer it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yes that's a good one , take a bath after a transfusion. Except we both know the blood used is not from a dead animal or dead person so none of this even applies! Oh and I can answer your underline question. It's not the blood that's sacred but the life that you took!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner . Whats my prize , what's my prize.

• cofty
    cofty

God to Israel - "If you hunt an animal and eat it unbled I will have you stoned to death. If you eat an unbled animal that died of itself I will insist you take nice warm bath and put on a clean robe."

Explain the reason for the difference Fishy.

• TD
    TD

To be fair, there would have been a social stigma. (Which in closed groups almost always has negative consequences going beyond the obvious.)

There's a reason why hunters are consistently portrayed in a bad light in the OT. Even though the blood is poured out soon after the animal's death, the creature is still dead when that happens, which is technically Nevelah.

At Ezekiel 4:14, the prophet proudly declares that he has never eaten impure meat in his entire life, which a a sentiment most observant Jews would express.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes Ezekiel 4 is an interesting reference. It is significant that Ezekiel was a priest. Eating an animal found dead was not an option for him as it was for normal Israelites. (c.f. Lev.22)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It does not say anybody. - Fishy

All persons, citizens or aliens, who eat what dies of itself or what has been torn by wild animals, shall wash their clothes, and bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the evening; then they shall be clean. - Leviticus 17:15

Has it now got to the stage that you need to resort to bare-faced lies? By definition the phrase citizens or aliens covers absolutely everybody and anybody.

TRY READING! Not all aliens were proselytes. Some alien residents living in ancient Israel were not under the law (they did not become worshipers of God) and were not forbidden to eat dead animals and did not have to ceremonially bathe after doing so.-- Not the Bible according to cofty.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Cofty.You have not shown scripture that God gave permission to Israel to eat dead animals.-Only cofty commentary.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Tzayad actually means trapping -not hunting. The animal is caught then slaughtered. Killing an animal before slaughtering it or wounding it below the knee is not allowed for food based on Judaism today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit