The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Sometimes, unbled meat could be eaten. But blood could never be eaten - Fisherman

That is a blatant contradiction.

Sometimes a cheese sandwich could be eaten but cheese could never be eaten.

Your lack of logic is stunning.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Going back to the point Cofty was making in the first place, can you show me one verse where God required blood to be poured out (on the ground or on an altar), except for a situation where a life had been taken by someone?

"If any one of the people of the land sins unintentionally and becomes guilty by doing one of the things that Jehovah commands should not be done,  or if he becomes aware of a sin that he has committed, then he should bring a sound young female goat as his offering for the sin he has committed.  He will lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and slaughter the sin offering in the same place as the burnt offering. 30 The priest will take some of its blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and he will pour all the rest of its blood at the base of the altar."-Deut 4:27-30

"‘When a chieftain unintentionally sins by doing one of all the things that Jehovah his God commands should not be done and has become guilty,  or if he becomes aware of a sin that he has committed against the commandment, then he must bring a sound young male goat as his offering. 24 He will lay his hand on the head of the young goat and slaughter it in the place where the burnt offering is slaughtered before Jehovah. It is a sin offering. The priest will take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and he will pour the rest of its blood at the base of the altar of burnt offering. He will make all its fat smoke on the altar like the fat of the communion sacrifice; and the priest will make atonement for him for his sin, and it will be forgiven him."-(Leviticus 4:22-26)

 “If any one of the people of the land sins unintentionally and becomes guilty by doing one of the things that Jehovah commands should not be done, or if he becomes aware of a sin that he has committed, then he should bring a sound young female goat as his offering for the sin he has committed.  He will lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and slaughter the sin offering in the same place as the burnt offering.  The priest will take some of its blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and he will pour all the rest of its blood at the base of the altar." (Leviticus 4:27-30)

" Yes, according to the Law nearly all things are cleansed with blood, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place." Hebrews 9:22

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fisherman - Your challenge is to show that having sex with your own wife was a sin. If you can do that you have a point. Otherwise you don't.

I have explained earlier that to be unclean (spiritually) was a condition not a penalty for a crime. I have shown that being unclean sometimes resulted from violating a law, like intentionally eating owl for example or intentionally eating a dead goat. The reason a woman was spiritually unclean after childbirth was because she gave birth to an life inherently sinful. The reason for (spiritual) uncleanness after sex with your with was a forceful reminder of sin and imperfection involving the sexual act. That would not have been the case if 2 sinless persons had sex.

Regarding your remark about logic and God's law about unbled meats and eating blood. That was not my thinking ,sir. I only showed you the Bible verses. You do not have to think it logical, but what you think does not change what is true.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I will ask this again: Is there ANY passage in the OT or NT that states directly that blood from a living animal would have no sacrificial value? Or do we just deduct that such is the case?

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

Sometimes, unbled meat could be eaten...

Unbled meat sometimes, but never blood.

Fisherman - Why did god allow the eating of unbled meat?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Sometimes a cheese sandwich could be eaten but cheese could never be eaten.

Even bled meats contain blood sir. It is not possible to squeeze all the blood out of the flesh so actually everyone eats some blood along with the meat no matter how you cut it. It was impossible to eat any meat without some blood still in it. Since that is the case, it is reasonable why God could sometimes allow eating unbled meat, but eating blood was a different case. If you ate blood you died. If I was eating unbled carcass, I would sure as anything make sure that I washed it and got as much blood out of it as I could. I would not be pouring it into some container to eat it later on. Under the Mosaic Law, you died without compassion for breaking a law.

"But the person who does something deliberately, whether he is native-born or a foreign resident, is blaspheming Jehovah and must be cut off from among his people. Because he has despised Jehovah’s word and broken his commandment, that person should be cut off without fail. His own error is upon him.’” DE 15:30-31 That goes for an Israelite intentionally eating a dead or torn animal or maybe if you ate some owls seems to me. Probably you had to eat a few owls. IF you just ate one, they only viewed you as filth for the rest of your life.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

intentionally eating a dead goat.

Sorry, I meant to say unintentionally. A deliberate act could result in death.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Sorry Fisherman, you failed the challenge.

The animal was killed on the altar, then the blood was poured on the altar.

The situation was that of a sacrifice, and someone had to kill it before any of it's blood was to be poured out.

Life taken - Blood poured out.

Would you like to try again?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Here it is again:

"Going back to the point Cofty was making in the first place, can you show me one verse where God required blood to be poured out (on the ground or on an altar), except for a situation where a life had been taken by someone?"

To be clear..

A life was always taken, whether on the altar or elsewhere, before the blood was poured out. It had no value except that it represented the life of the animal being taken.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

A life was always taken, whether on the altar or elsewhere, before the blood was poured out. It had no value except that it represented the life of the animal being taken.

I do not understand Cofty's point that you are referring to. Explain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit