The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Ez 4:14 I then said: “Not that, Sovereign Lord Jehovah! From my youth until now, I have not been defiled by eating meat from an animal found dead or a torn animal, and no unclean meat has entered my mouth.

The Bible according to cofty : God allowed Israelites to eat dead animals, torn animals, and unclean meat ( pigs, rats, owls,) Except for priests! - Including the Apostle Peter the Catholic priest.

"But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because I have never eaten anything defiled and unclean.” - Acts 10:14
  • stavro
    stavro

Fisherman the strength in Cofty's argument lies in how God views blood. If he viewed the blood of an animal found dead in the same way as he viewed the carcass, then it explains why both eating the blood or touching the carcass only lead to uncleanness.

In the context of someone who is out hunting, (Lev. 17:13-17) the watchtower's statement that uncleanness was only a provision for someone who accidentally ate the dead animal is both desperate and laughable.

God only viewed blood as having value once a life was taken. It is only form this perspective that the scriptures relating to blood can be understood.

This is why Cofty's question, "Why is there a difference if as you assert, the blood of an animal that dies of itself is just as sacred as one that has been killed?" gets right to the heart of the issue.

• cofty
    cofty
    Not all aliens were proselytes - Fishy

That is not interesting. The law that permitted the eating of an animal found already dead applied to natural born Israelites.

Ezekiel was a priest therefore he was not permitted to eat an animal found already dead as all other Israelites were.

God allowed Israelites to eat dead animals, torn animals, and unclean meat ( pigs, rats, owls

I have never said anybody was given permission to eat pigs. The text at Lev.11 says "If an animal of which you may eat dies, anyone who touches its carcass shall be unclean until the evening. Those who eat of its carcass shall wash their clothes and be unclean until the evening; and those who carry the carcass shall wash their clothes and be unclean until the evening." Please don't resort to telling lies.

Page after page of you avoiding the hard questions Fishy. You are embarrassing yourself.

God to Israel - "If you kill an animal and eat it unbled I will have you stoned to death. If you eat an unbled animal that died of itself I will insist you take nice warm bath and put on a clean robe."

Explain the reason for the difference Fishy.

• cofty
    cofty

Excellent summary Stavro thank you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Cofty: Let me know when you post scriptures to support your views. I am fed up with cofty's stories.

Anyway, the scriptures are clear; Worshipers of God in ancient Israel were forbidden to eat dead animals that were not slaughtered according to the provisions of the law of Moses.

• cofty
    cofty

Which scriptures?

So far every one you have suggested has failed.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Says you. Im through.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

The Hebrew Scriptures do consistently bring out that it was forbidden for worshippers of Jehovah to consume the blood of animals. In fact that is why the Apostles were so shocked when Jesus said Drink my blood and eat my body, to them that would not only be cannibalism but it would also be the consumption of blood.

• TD
    TD

There's no question about that, Richard. The question is whether the fallacy of dicto simpliciter should reign supreme when it comes to incidental forms of consumption.

Cofty has done a decent job of explaining why it does not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit