Do You Folks Wanna Hear My Story?

by Farkel 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've already written "my story". I did that 13 years ago but that wasn't the whole story. I've been "out" for 35 years. But that is not a story that contains the little stuff. The little memories and anecdotes that are really part of my past and that formed me into what I was and who I am. There are many of them and younger ones may learn something from them. Or not.

This will take some time and effort on my part to present, so that is why I am asking. I'm not trying to tease folks here, because the stuff I have to say is fairly universal in the Watchtower experience. The only thing that makes it unique is that it is my story, my life. Lots of little stories. Lots of personal anecdotes. Stuff that formed me for my entire life. Stuff we can laugh about. Stuff we can cry about. Stuff. But it is my stuff. Unique? Of course. I am unique. Universal? Of course not. It is the dub experience, except it would come from my eyes and life and my experience.

I wouldn't bring this up if I thought my stories (given my age and the context of those stories in an other generation) had nothing new to say. "Some" might be surprised to hear how it was in dubland in the late 1950's and 1960's.

Should I take the time to write that stuff? It takes me a lot of time to write stuff, and I don't have much time left on this earth so I don't want to waste any of it.

Farkel

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Since I'm new, I'd like to read what you wrote 13 years ago. Can you post a link to that thread?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd love to hear your stories, but if you are going to write them, do it for yourself, and do it when you have nothing better to do with yourself. Don't sit there banging away at a keyboard if you could be at the pub or chasing a bit of skirt.

Cheers

Chris

• The Finger
    The Finger

Yes.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Yes, please tell Fark.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

If you'd enjoy telling them I'm sure I would enjoy reading them Farkel.

Loz x

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Yes, I'm also new here and would like to hear your firsthand experiences. I came into the 'truth' this last decade, and it'd be interesting to read how the JW experience was like in the '50s and '60s.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'd say post it, maybe in instalments. Including how your life has panned out since leaving.

But as Black Sheep said, don't do it at the expense of doing more important things. We can wait.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''given my age and the context of those stories in an other generation''

Don't you know? We're all one big happy overlapping generation anyway so yes please.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Only if you allow Minimus to interview you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit