Non-evidence reasons why people embrace Evolution.

by hooberus 282 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

MD: ...and you cant refute that the central term in the article remain undefined. The word "Information" is merely used to restate the conclusion as an argument; nothing is added because nothing is defined in a meaningfull way.

and evolution CAN create information, it is observed in the laboratory.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Change is unlimited, all things keep going through change, forever.

Prove it. Will lead eventually change to gold?

Bohm, as far as you are concerned, nothing is ever defined in a meaningful way. What is the definition of believe?

• bohm
    bohm

MD: "to be convinced of". But its off-topic and irrelevant.

im saying that according to the definitions of information i work with daily evolution DO increase information. When i read an article that says the opposite i wonder what the hell is going on -- and i will note that the author conveniently leave out the definition of the word such that there is no possible way to test his claim.

If the author is convincing to you, you must have some idea what he is talking about. if not, we agree.

• cofty
    cofty
    Will lead eventually change to gold

No. Evolution only acts on things that reproduce. Best to try to understand stuff before you criticise it

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Bravo Hooberus.

Same old counter arguments are unearthed by the responses I see.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Prove it. Will lead eventually change to gold?

Acknowledgement of change is different than predicting change. Change is eternal, just because we don't know what things will change into is in no way evidence that they are not going to change.

The proof for change is that not one single thing in this universe has stayed the same.

-Sab

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman
    Then there's the entire fossil record.

No half measures there Tuesday!

The fact you say this suggests either you have not studied the fossil record in great detail or you are choosing to ignore a heck of a lot of it.

• TD
    TD
    Same old counter arguments are unearthed by the responses I see.

A counter-argument implies that an initial argument was made. That didn't happen here. Hooberus simply made a valid observation on the frailty of the human condition.

He's right. People are often woefully misinformed on matters of basic science and people often accept things for the wrong reasons. As others have pointed out, it's an observation that can be made with equal force about any number of things and has little to do with the validity of the respective propositions.

• cofty
    cofty

Scotsman have you read any good scientific sources on the fossil record - or on any aspect of evolution - or do you prefer to cherry pick the internet?

"Evolution - What The Fossils Says and Why it Matters" by Donald Prothero would be a great place to start.

• ISBN-10: 0231139624
    • ISBN-13: 978-0231139625
  • caliber
    caliber

However I think that their principal reasons for embracing evolution often have more to do with other factors than mere "evidence". This thead is about a discussion of some of these other reasons.

I think that for many ex-witnesses a key ingredient other than evidence for belief in Evolution , is a " moral issue.". if God exists there is moral accountability . We have no need to get heated and debate "perceived

evil" movie actors ... so why do this with a supposed nonexistent God ? What is the underlying reason for this if

not the reason I stated above ? explain....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit