Non-evidence reasons why people embrace Evolution.

by hooberus 282 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

mad dawg: ... as you properly know, information is a theoretical construct used to analyse and describe the world. As such i can only offer a set of definitions that roughly translate into "information". it is not a uniquely defined term no less than "integration" or "function norm". and i did write this at least once...

however, if you see "information" in a scientific article you can be allmost certain it is shannon information.

you can pick whichever definition of information you like -- any attempt to model the information content in a gene will show it increase through evolution, unless the model is extremely degenerate.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Are you saying that you had Shannon in mind when you said that evolution produces information?

• bohm
    bohm

mad dawg: yes. he is the founder of information theory, and "information" allmost allways refer to shannon information if not used with a qualifier.

not that it say a lot about the feasibility for evolution to create a human (which i have allready noted). information theory is quite orthogonal to that question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit