Non-evidence reasons why people embrace Evolution.

by hooberus 282 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Jaguar you seem like a nice guy but come on...

THere are many scientific writings to support a young biblical earth. But that is not the popular view.
    THe world lies in the power of the wicked one, and many people when they get a little education
    or money dont need God. THats the way it is. Its called pride. THat's what the Devil was full of.

There are plenty of less-than-savory "scientists" that have "evidence" of a young earth, unfortunately they've all been disproved. Hell linguistics isn't even a scientific field and that disproves the young earth. Just one archeological finding Hamoukar a city of more than 10,000 people which was destroyed when the bible says man was created disproves a young earth.

It's not "the popular view" because of pride, it's the popular view because there's a MOUNTAIN of evidence supporting it.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I belive God made the universe less than 10,000 years ago and he made it to look like its old, God spoke it into being and it has an apparent age just like adam and eve.

This is good stuff...

• cofty
    cofty
    Evolution is, by definition, a compilation of small changes to reach a large change. The assumption is that change is unlimited. The creationist assumption is that there is a limit to the amount of change. – Mad Dawg

Change is unlimited, all things keep going through change, forever. - Sebatious

Prove it. Will lead eventually change to gold – Mad Dawg

No. Evolution only acts on things that reproduce. Best to try to understand stuff before you criticise it – Me

First, the word used is change, not evolution. Second, Sabastious said all things change. Crofty, you would do well to follow your own advice and understand what was said before you comment.– Mad Dawg

If you can make sense of your own logic please let me know

• cofty
    cofty
    I know there are books written by scientist that explain the fossil record from a young earth flood perspective. THere are many scientific writings to support a young biblical earth. - jagaurbass

No there isn't

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Evolution is a story about how we came to be. I would argue it is a more useful story than the creation account in Genesis, but I don't know if I would go so far as calling it "true". Scientists come up with new stories all the time, they call them paradigm shifts. (see The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn) Who is to say there will not be another paradigm shift in biology that alters the scientific story surrounding the history of life at some point?

• whereami
    whereami
    Myself I believe in a young biblical earth under 10,000 years old probably 5 to 6,000 years if you do the math back to Adam.

How sad that adults in today's age believe this. No wonder this country gets mocked so much.

I belive God made the universe less than 10,000 years ago and he made it to look like its old, God spoke it into being and it has an apparent age just like adam and eve. If god made the univers big 7,000 years ago it would look big because of the math.

I've read this sentence over and over but there just are no words to address this. JB are you just trying to be funny here. Please tell us you're pulling our leg, please.

THere are many scientific writings to support a young biblical earth.

Please do list them.

But that is not the popular view.

Thank the heavens for that!!! You know when it was a "popular view"? Please think real hard on that one. The answer is very telling.

THe world lies in the power of the wicked one, and many people when they get a little education or money dont need God. THats the way it is. Its called pride. THat's what the Devil was full of. Also the bible says you cant be queer and you cant live
    in sin out of wedlock so when someone mocks someone who believes in the bible those are a couple of factors you can check out. THe bible also says not to be Greedy or love money. Amerika is a very greedy, materialistic society its no wonder that many
    have no use for God or the bible. If you choose not to believe in the bible then you can believe anything you want to make up.

I must say this is brainwashing at it's best. The Jw "force" is STILL strong with this one. It really is, out of the pan into the fire with some of you isn't it. Do you not even realise the pure condescending rhetoric you're spewing here?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The evidence for gravity theory illustration is a good one. How many times can you deny gravity, before you give in to the evidence? How many times must your face hit the dirt? While the whole evolution story is certainly far from complete, evidence for evolution is massive, and growing, every day. It will keep smacking deniers, like you in the face. It, or some form of it isn't going to go away.

S

• Gerard
    Gerard

Thousands of years of observation and experimentation by humanity's greatest cultures are gone now to the garbage because hooberus said "god did it."

Boy, that was one powerfull statement. :fi)

• bohm
    bohm

MD: But its not semantics to point out the central term in the article is not defined. it make it impossible to test the authors claim. that mean the author only dress up his on prior beliefs in fancy language and serve it as evidence. its simply not science.

I am only interested in semantics to the extend some seem to use semantics to prove god exist, or that atheists really "believe" in a religious sense, or other nonsense. but that is hardly relevant on this topic.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman
    I didn't stutter Scotsman and I don't cherry-pick the evidence.

I never said you did - just perhaps were ignoring some of it or perhaps unaware of the scientists who have a different view on the fossil record. There is indeed 2 sides to this story.

Since I'm using half-measures would you mind listing some species here that I can go over with you what they evolved from and either why they died out or what animal they are ancestors to today.

No point - you will merely read from a book / quote a scientific paper that suggests an evolutionery process of sorts which is yet to be proven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit