Is God LOVE ?

by wobble 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Love is human

Would that that were true, dear Beks (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). Would be an entirely different world, wouldn't it? Funny, although I don't sanction its existence, removing all religion... in the way it would have to be done by man to effect it worldwide... can't be done in love, either, can it? What of those who WANT to exercise religion... but do not [harm] others in doing so? There is freedom in love, isn't there? Which is why we (mankind) have been permitted to live in our "kind" of freedom (to choose whether to serve God or not). Unfortunately, that freedom has been taken advantage of by a whole lot of folks.

I realize someone might say, "Well, the way God intends to remove it isn't love, either." But the Most Holy One of Israel doesn't remove religion. He only removes... in the very end... those who simply refuse to treat their fellowman WITH love, but instead intends to do great harm.

Anyway, if love was human... so many atrocities done by humans... and so many in the name of God... wouldn't have occurred.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I do believe in God as a superior and intelligent being. But the concept of him being 'love' is sometimes hard to reconcile with reality. For example Rom 1:20 says "For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made..".

I always had a hard time watching a Discovery Channel documentary on wild animals or biology and thinking about God as love. Things that come to mind include predator behaviour amongst animals, same species cannibalism, competitive behaviours, mating rituals (some particularly violent), etc. Many were really gory and painful to watch. I don't know if anyone else felt the same about this, maybe it's just me.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Or God is imaginative hearsay developed from ancient human ignorance about the world they lived in as well as the world we live in today.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

God is also fear and ignorance which can be exploited by men who look for power and can also be exploited and

commercialized by those very men who own a publishing company

• Terry
    Terry

Or, simply put another way...

When the fellow who is going to blow you up has been told by "God" to do so....

is it that fellow's GOD who is blowing you up----or just his tormented mind?

This is all the God you need to create or destroy!

Answer that question and you understand God.

If the fellow with the bomb pushes the detonator and the bomb doesn't explode....

Did YOUR GOD protect you and HIS GOD fail---or were you just lucky and him not?

When the plane crashes and only one person survives.....did GOD protect them while at the same time allow every other man, woman and child to die?

Or, are you just being silly?

If you can understand that question you understand "God".

It is all in your own proprietory tastes and imagination and definition and interpretation.

That is why HIS God is different from YOUR God who is different from their gods and so on...

THERE IS ALWAYS AN EXPLANATION (inside your own mind) FOR EVERYTHIING YOU ALREADY BELIEVE about "God."

• AGuest
    AGuest
    When the fellow who is going to blow you up has been told by "God" to do so.... is it that fellow's GOD who is blowing you up----or just his tormented mind?

It could be his "god," dear Terry (peace to you!), as he perceives the will of that god... or his own tortured mind (including as such mind "hears")... or someone else entirely (i.e., some "leader" with an agenda who's convinced this one's inexperienced mind... and heart... that such is what "God" wants him to do).

But is isn't the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see no evidence. In all the known universe, 'love' is only among humans, and only some of them/us. Do animals have love? Insects? Trees?

Among trees, and many other plants, there is a continuous, slow motion chemical warfare going on. Some symbiosis. But, it is the very small minority. Same among the insects and bugs. Fish, same thing. Etc, etc.

Humans, on the world scale are modelled after animals. World politics, religion and economics are all competitive, survival of the fittest, w alliances mainly for selfish interests. Love is only seen here or there, in the nooks and crannies, so to speak. As i said, no evidence that god is love, much less the 'he' exists.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

If god were love and the author of the universe and all that exists, the universe and life on this planet would be radically different. We would be living in a virtually different universe.

S

Ps, some of the beatles' songs, like the yellow submarine might give you ideas. Smoke some pot, while you're at it.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Do animals have love?

Some, many... yes, dear Satanus (peace to you!).

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aguest

Actually, i do believe that it is very likely indeed that some of them do, in as real a sense as some/many humans do. I could say that they have a small measure of human in them, as we have a measure of animal in us.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit