Attention Lurkers- Consider the effectiveness of your lifesaving work

by stuckinamovement 57 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What is even more absurd is that in the time of the end when we really should be ramping up the preaching work. We are instead building new facilities in up state New York.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Y must the city manager be a he? It could be a she. Let's not get into the habit of assuming everyone's a he like the wt does.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I always hated smashing rocks with a hammer to make gravel. What a colossal waste of time.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Doing d2d work still keeps JW's 'under the radar' so to speak. If JW's went to broadcasting like Harold Camping did, they would be exposed just like he was exposed as a 'dooms dayer'. I hope that soon there will be a "20/20" or "Dateline" expose' of the witness cult. I saw a program a few weeks ago about the FLDS in Utah and Texas. I was struck by the words of the the mother of the female FLDS member who left and exposed the cult. The 19 year old woman that escaped was one of 19 wives of the 85 year old FLDS "prophet". But the point that resonated with me was what this woman's mother said. In essence she said that she 'would rather see her children in their graves than to have them deny their "prophet"'. Sounded 'to close to home'.

eyeuse2badub

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

He He!

About a year and a half ago during the Memorial invitation campaign I was in the same car group with the CO. I brought up this very point and directed it to the CO. There were five of us in the car. I was in the back seat with two sisters, the driver was a former CO substitute (who had a breakdown several years ago and is now a MS) and the CO in the front passenger seat.

There was a silence of what seemed like hours before the driver chimed in and that he also wondered the same. With the urgency at hand, even with the holy and righteous campaign of inviting everyone to observe the Memorial, could the efforts of the WTBS be heightened?

The CO said, "we follow the directions of the brothers (GB)"

Yes, one of several nails that confirmed the closing of the coffin of being a sheeple to the WTBS.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All I can say is I am thankful that, during a bushfire alert around here, the emergency services don't send their workers around going door to door to warn people when it is time to evacuate!

Rather, radio and TV alerts are sent out well in advance:

- then when it comes time to evacuate, the loud hailers on the emergency service's vehicles issue the actual order.

Of course, if there is no real emergency after all, then the blunt instrument of sending an army of bloody fools out to knock on doors of (mainly) empty houses won't actually cause any deaths!

Bill.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi folks. In other words, the GB through its publications, e.g. WT, is telling us the end of age or system of things is "very close, imminent, coming without delay" yet the way they preach and warn the public of the impending destruction (Armaggedon), there seems to be no real sense of urgency.

And if there is a difference between words and actions, we believe the act more than the words spoken.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

The Truth is that they have to go dood-to-door because they are selling a tired old product and so they know that if they used a communications strategy or an advertising strategy it would fail - they need to be able to sell it face-to-face to get the householder to accept something they would reject but for the sales spiel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit