Attention Lurkers- Consider the effectiveness of your lifesaving work

by stuckinamovement 57 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics

This has always amazed me. Early on JWs were early adopters of any technology that could get the word out. Radio, car-mounted megaphones, film, portable record players that were taken to doors. Yet despite massive technological advances in all these areas and the internet, JWs still stick with door-to-door. It's like they've gone backwards 1000 years.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bumping for newbies.

Bangalore

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Father was a JW for about 25 years. He was unable to convince a single soul to join. He worked hard too. Wait to go Dad!

• gymbob
    gymbob

I remember about 12-14 years ago (when I was still a dub) I saw a brief TV commercial for the JW's. At first I thought it was for the Mormons, and was very surprised to hear, "visit your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" at the end. Not sure where it came from, and never saw it again...

• whathappened
    whathappened

Thanks for bumping this up as I plan to use this analogy next time a witness talks about the importance of the door to door prefacing work. Very good analogy.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

My 12 year old asked me yesterday, "If JWs are the only ones that have the truth and everyone else is going to die, why is there only 7 million of them?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great points SIAM. Glad to see this thread bumped for the newbies!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

This is an excellent thread. It really shows there hasn't been an urgency to preach or to save anyone.

But with all the false prophesizing over the years it is understandable too that the WTBTS wouldn't have considered using a more modern means of preaching. Look at the ridicule Harold Campings followers have been under for their preaching the End. Also selling their properties. Quitting their jobs and advertising the END everywhere.

If I had heard about all the false prophecies made from the witnesses I would never have gotten involved. I was stupid. The internet hopefully will help those even considering a Bible study with JW's to research their history and false prophecies before becoming involved.

• LogCon
    LogCon

marked

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for bumping.

What a ridiculous religion.

The Watchtower is like an abusive husband.

Who needs it?

What a joke. "We are in a life saving work".

Get real. lol

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit