Attention Lurkers- Consider the effectiveness of your lifesaving work

by stuckinamovement 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
  • sabastious
    sabastious

Freaking awesome. I wouldn't share it with many Witnesses though, this would likely induce rage, possibly of the murderous type, because of the overload of cognitive dissonance.

-San

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

possibly the best example of their "life or death message" that I have ever heard, The GB know it the R&F know it they just wont admit to it, using the most effective modern means of preaching this life or death message does not bring in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s and every one knows it.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Wow...that was great..the math never lies does it?

• I quit!
    I quit!

A good illustration. I hope I'll have a chance to use it.

It is fairly obvious that the Watchtower doesn't believe their message or they would choose a more effective way of presenting it to the public. And if you observe how slowly dubs go about presenting the message when they are out in service it make you wonder if they even believe it.

• LV101
    LV101

I had only attended a couple of meetings and for the life of me could not figure out WHY they didn't take out ads in the newspaper and use the media if the end was so close and people would die w/out hearing. didn't realize the door to door at the time was such a waste of time and assumed they must know what they're doing --- NOT!!!

LV101

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Excellent analogy! Marking for future use. Thanks stuckinamovement !

• Listener
    Listener
    Sapphy wrote Everyone had to put their hands up to show how they came in the troof. About 40% were born in, 40% came in through 'informal contact' & only 20% through door2door.

Isn't it ironic that they would probbly get more followers if more JWs worked in large corporations and displayed a high moral standing and consideration for their fellow workers.

When you look at those stats they do not make sense if the JWs really were God's one and only chanel. As 40% are born in it would mean that love for God and his Kingdom is hereditary.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you very much stuckinamovement.

That was excellent.

When it is put like that there is no way not to see the futility of it all. It seems to me that any Witness that couldn't see it would be a very proud person. Cognitive dissonance gives them some leeway in their denial but I think that pride is what would stop them admitting that it's all shite.

Following on with the analogy, the City Manager would at best be charged with incompetence and lose his job. At worst he would probably be lynched.

What, though, about the 3,000 employees?

They would have also known nearly all the facts of the terrorist attack. Would any of them use their heads and try and spread the warning via other more practical methods? Because of their prior knowledge they took their own precautions to make sure they didn't suffer from the contaminated water. Because they didn't want to lose their jobs they carried out the bosses orders on how to warn others.

How would you feel about the 3,000 employees?

• Listener
    Listener

Thomas Covenant said

What, though, about the 3,000 employees?
    They would have also known nearly all the facts of the terrorist attack. Would any of them use their heads and try and spread the warning via other more practical methods? Because of their prior knowledge they took their own precautions to make sure they didn't suffer from the contaminated water. Because they didn't want to lose their jobs they carried out the bosses orders on how to warn others.
    How would you feel about the 3,000 employees?

It's not so straight forward where the employees are concerned as it is more than their jobs at stake. It probably would be equivalant to their being told that they are forbidden to take matters into their own hands, they have to follow their boses instructions to the T or else they're out, they'll be confined to a cell for insubornination where they will have contact with no-one, including their family and friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit