Florida Holding No Refusal DUI Checkpoints. If You Refuse They Stick A Needle...

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

in your arm by judge's order. (A judge will be there at the checkpoint) and of course, if you are legally drunk, you'll be arrested on the spot.

So this weekend in Tampa, they'll be sticking needles in your arms if you refuse their demands. They say they'll be heavily advertising the area that they'll be at over the holiday.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This needs to be challenged.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons...against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, but upon probable cause..."

BTS

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Burn the problem here is that they'll argue probable cause because you refused the breathalyzer.

• james_woods
    james_woods

There is a county in Texas which is doing the same thing.

Although drunk driving is wrong and dangerous, I think this is a clear violation of civil rights.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn the problem here is that they'll argue probable cause because you refused the breathalyzer.

Bullshit, puts me in a mood to drive up there (sober of course) and refuse it. Fuckers. It needs to be done, with the help of one of the civil rights groups to take it to court.

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

i agree, it's a violation.

• VIII
    VIII

Rights? Who needs rights?

ETA: This is the USA, not Russia or China, right? I didn't suddenly wake up in The People's Republic did I?

I have never been through one of these and don't plan to. I am home by 9 PM and in bed by 10. Sober.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

In CA this has been standard operating procedure for years...most counties accept it based on the principle of "not being able to withhold evidence", ie: a breath or blood sample during a DUI investigation. In CA, you are under the "implied consent" ruling as soon as you sign your driver's license application. The implied consent rule states that you will provide a chemical test sample as part of a DUI investigation...and most counties will allow a "forced draw" blood test if you refuse to provide one voluntarily. No warrant required...you signed that right away when you applied for the driver's license. And if you refuse, you will lose your license regardless of whether the sample was obtained involuntarily.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm a little confused...

I'm used to a checkpoint stopping drivers and if they suspected over-the-limit, they would require a sobriety test. If you refused, then it would escalate to a trip downtown.

I've been through checkpoints late at night several times but I've never had more than my driver's license checked and I was on my way. They didn't even shine their flashlight in the car.

Is this random checks? I'm okay with reasonable cause but not random tests.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Despite what MADD propaganda would have you believe, in 1996 only .0000143 percent of the American population was killed in so-called "alcohol related" motor vehicle accidents where someone had a blood alcohol content as high as 0.10% . Government statistics indicate that each year more people die as a result of accidental drowning in America than die in low BAC related motor vehicle accidents. A recent study at a major U.S. university found that low BAC drinking drivers pose far less danger to public safety than do non-drinking drivers who have sleep apnea. In fact, your chances of being killed as a direct result of medical malpractice is 28 times higher than your chances of being killed in a motor vehicle accident involving a low BAC driver.

Despite the extremely low statistical threat to public safety posed by low BAC drinking drivers, more than 600,000 low BAC drivers are arrested and convicted for "drunk driving" in America each year.

Once arrested these otherwise law-abiding citizens are subjected to imprisonment; forced to pay huge fines and court costs; forced to pay the costs of probation; suffer unjust property forfeitures; forced to attend political re-education camps; subjected to psychological testing; forced to engage in involuntary forced labor; suffer government sponsored public humiliation; suffer the loss of driving privileges; suffer loss of respect for the courts and their government; suffer the loss of their jobs; their self esteem; and the destruction of their families.

This unfortunate state of affairs has been foisted upon America by an anti-alcohol, political action organization known as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, (MADD).

http://www.duigulag.com/

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit