Beware of things to come!

by Hortenzie 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

This is an excerpt from Awake! March 2011 page 22. It's an experience of JW who used to be a real shepherd and he is talking here about real sheep. Why is it reminding me of something and why does it give me shivers?:

"In a flock there always seemed to be stubborn sheep. For some reason they just didn’t want to obey the shepherd. At times, other sheep were inclined to follow a disobedient one. So the shepherd would try to train and discipline the stubborn ones. For example, he would leave such a sheep in the pen alone. In time, some accepted correction and followed the shepherd’s directions. Sheep that remained stubborn ended up on our dinner table."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS wants to remain in controlling power over their flock, using the analogy of a Shepard controlling sheep and

pointing out one that wont comply is just how low people are perceived. Human are not sheep or goats.

Other so called Christian based faiths pull the same controlling position on their owned sheep, rebuke

their control and pay the penalty. Religions like this continually impose fear to remain and hold on to power.

Keeping in mind that the WTS is a fear mongering apocalyptic religious cult, reading things like this in their magazines

isn't really too surprising, they are the masters of god's kingdom here on earth you know.

• Listener
    Listener

Pathetic.

So they eat their sheep that don't comply. But not before leaving them alone. Is that supposed to justify their disciplinary actions.

Great analogy, the rest of the sheep were fed and cared for (or bullied and fed scraps) only to be sold and end up on someone else's table to eat - maybe it is accurate after all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Don't tell me... this shepherd's name is... "Andre".

He went back to shepherding after his IT job was outsourced to India. Or was it that he got fired for drinking on his window washing job?

I really have a hard time keeping all of "Andre's" life trials straight.

• zoiks
    zoiks

A shepherd looks after sheep, not for their benefit, but for his own.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

LOL! @ Heaven! I was gonna say the same. I bet that shepherd WAS Andre.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

the twist is they all eventually end up on the dinner table

• designs
    designs

Had grilled lamb last night for dinner, it was delicious not stubborn at all

• clarity
    clarity

Hortenzie, hi

Once again, trying to justify 'their' disfellowship/shunning policies. Truly sick!!

Don't listen to that crap!

clarity

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

After reading that quote again, I'm pretty convinced it was all fiction. Like the rest of their stories and doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit