1947 Awake Says Excommunication is Unbiblical and Pagan!

by Ding 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

marking

• Scott77
    Scott77

old thread but good and relevant today. Thank you for bringing it up.

Scott77

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I had a discussion with an Elder last year about this. I said that the WT's policy of disfellowshipping was not a "loving arrangement" and was not being applied correctly from a Biblical standpoint. Then I told him that the WT used to condemn the Catholic Church for its policy of excommunication. I e-mailed him this same clipping that Ding posted from the 1947 WT.

I pointed out several things:

1. The WT uses the exact same scriptures today to DF people that it claimed the CC was misapplying!

2. Excommunication has demonic origins

3. Excommunication was used primarily for intimidation, not any supposed preservation of the "cleanliness" of the church.

4. Why does the WT have a policy of DF when they themselves acknowledged in the past that it has no place in true Christianity?

His official answer: "I don't care! I still think it's a loving arrangement."

So much for being open to evidence and doing a little critical thinking!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

WOW! this is EARTH SHATTERING

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The 3rd paragraph of this article even defends the Freemasons...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Calebs Airplane, I saw that and laughed! The WTBTS was basically asking the RCC, " Why on earth would you DF these guys? They are Free Masons for Christ's sake!"

• Watchtower-Free
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has anyone got the rest of the article?

• Ding
    Ding
    His official answer: "I don't care! I still think it's a loving arrangement."

It's amazing how JWs will criticize the GB's teachings and reasoning...

... once it has become "old light."

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I swear someday they are going to DF Jesus or Jehovah HIMSELF for lying to them about all those dates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit