1947 Awake Says Excommunication is Unbiblical and Pagan!

by Ding 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

tagged

• jworld
    jworld

00Dad,

So it is percieved as apostate material then? I do find it strange how material published by the Watchtower is "the truth" at first, then relegated to past understanding and then to outright apostate material. This, their own publications!

Perhaps I won't send it. I am not sure yet.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• 00DAD
    00DAD

jworld, that's how my son interpreted me emailing him the exact scan in the OP, as apostate! And he doesn't want to see it, he doesn't want to know about it!

What a nutty religion!

• biometrics
    biometrics

The article in question is considered old light. Old light was true at the time, but now "New Light™" has come and is much truer. Focusing on old light is like trying to drive a car via the rear-vision mirrors, it's dangerous! DANGEROUS!

Old light is like stale food. You woudn't eat a steak that was three months old, would you? Spritual food is like that steak, you need to get it fresh otherwise it will make you sick. The Watchtower provides fresh food at every meeting, and in recent publications. You should go there for food, not on the internet.

You Apostates just don't get it! Instead of keeping step with Jehovah's charriot, you're lost in past teachings. In older light that's dimmer and less true. You're like the blind leading the blind with old, dim, less-true, light.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

biometrics: you're lost in past teachings. In older light that's dimmer and less true. You're like the blind leading the blind with old, dim, less-true, light.

OK, I don't know you so I'm not sure if you're serious or kidding. I hope it's the latter.

If you're serious, then you're seriously messed-up. Can you explain to me what in the world "less true" means. In the universe where I live a thing like a doctrinal teaching is either True or Not True/False. It's never "more true" or "less true".

For example:

• God exists? T/F
    • Jesus is part of the Trinity? T/F
    • Jehovah's Witnesses are the only True Religion on earth? T/F

Hopefully you get the point? No "less true" or "more true" positions on any one of those teachings from a JW point of view, particularly the third one.

Next, WE HERE are not lost in past teachings. We're only pointing these things out to PROVE that the WTBTS changes its policies and practices, sometimes 180 degrees. What once was wrong now is right, or vice-versa.

The scan of the 1947 Awake! clearly shows that at that time the WTBTS taught that the practice of excommunication and shunning was an unscriptural "weapon of ... ecclesiastical power and secular tyranny."

How on earth can you even pretend to think that position is merely "less true" than the WTBTS's current practice of shunning, a practice for which they previously condemned the Catholic Church?

00DAD

PS - What are you doing hangin' out with us "apostates" anyway? Don't you know you're violating the WT's "New Light" regarding the internet and communication with "apostates"? BTW, this "New Light TM " is "more right" than the older model. It's also less filling and has fewer calories than before so indulge to your heart's content!

How happifying!

• biometrics
    biometrics

@00DAD

You need to re-examine your definition of truth. Truth is't black/white, yes/no, true/false. It comes in various levels of intensity, that's why we know the light is getting brigher, which can be likened to "the Truth" getting truer. Wich would you rather "false relgion" or "The Truth"? The Organisation defines what is true.

</sarcasim>

• still thinking
    still thinking

Great find Ding.....Just a shame that even with evidence like this the blind still won't see it applies to them.

• carla
    carla

I showed this to my jw years ago and all he did was bring up 'new light', 'yes, we make changes' blah, blah, blah...... no answers though.

• jworld
    jworld

What's interesting to me is the logical dilemma. Now of course we all know that being a JW isn’t about logic, you have to throw that out the window to be a follower of this religion.

But this poses an interesting scenario. In black and white terms, which interpretation of excommunication is correct? If the current “new light” version is then it just affirms that the Catholic Church had the truth all along (at least on this matter). That is something a JW would be loath to admit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit