1947 Awake Says Excommunication is Unbiblical and Pagan!

by Ding 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

I made a copy and sent to Brooklyn Writing Department and asked, "Why did the Watchtower organization become like the Catholic Church this way?"

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ding, excellent find! Copying now.

Gayle, way to go! Let us know what they say. I'm expecting some major Weasel Words.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That was so very interesting. Gayle I hope you share the response that the WTS gives.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Is it any wonder the WTS doesn't want Witnesses reading their old literature.

They are condemned by their own words.

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent find Ding!

LOL @ Gayle!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm happy this made it to it's own thread on here. Great stuff.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Ding, this is excellent. Thank you. I posted it on my Facebook page.

• paladin
    paladin

Could this Awake! article be used against the new Elders book where 7 chapters or so talk about DF- ing? I'm saving this for proof.

• Ding
    Ding

In earlier days, the WTS devoted a lot of writing to denouncing everything about the Catholic church.

Later, it adopted its top-down hierarchical structure.

Because of this there are probably a lot of old WT articles that denounce what the WTS has become.

Here's another example from the 9/1/1893 Zion's Watch Tower, pp. 262-264:

"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects culminated in the great apostasy and the development of the great Papal System; and thereby the `gospel', the 'one faith' which Paul and the other apostles set forth was lost -- buried under the mass of uninspired decrees of popes and councils. The union of the early church -- based upon the simple gospel and bound only by love -- gave place to the bondage of the church of Rome -- a slavery of God's children from which the multitudes are still weak and suffering. The Reformation movement of the sixteenth century came as an effort to regain liberty of conscience; but, deluded by the idea of an elaborate creed... formed other systems of bondage very similar to that of Papacy."

• garyneal
    garyneal

Speaking of how the witnesses today look so much like the Catholic church that they criticize, I was watching a scene on the first season of the new V series. That scene involved two Catholic ministers discussing the Vatican's view of the V's that they were all God's children. The younger priest was concerned that the Vatican had little else to say on the matter and the older priest asked the younger priest, "Are you questioning the Vatican?"

Can't question the religious leaders. SOUND FAMILIAR????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit