1947 Awake Says Excommunication is Unbiblical and Pagan!

by Ding 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I wouldn't say that the excommunication is the same as dfing since in the middle ages it would include imprisonment or torture . What they did to homosexuals was horrendous.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

wow crazy...gotta book mark this!

3's1

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Could this Awake! article be used against the new Elders book where 7 chapters or so talk about DF- ing? I'm saving this for proof.

There is an unwritten law if you can prove your point or argument with older article your case is won. Now this was mainly used in elders circles when they were trying to jockey for position.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Some interesting thoughts on excommunication: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05678a.htm

**It's all irrelevant... The self-righetous (wicked) elders-Gb will do as they please with no real regard to what the SPIRIT of the rules are.

After saying the above...The buck still starts with you...if you commit something like adultery...you know---screw around on your spouse---then you have committed a sin and the punishment is set forth in the bible...IT"S THE SHUNNING THAT IS OUT OF LINE!!! And they know it, that's what makes these elders and GB (all of them) that apply and enforce these rules no better than Hitler and his enforcers.

• GODS SPIRIT DOES NOT MIS-DIRECT---Well at least not his chosen people---RIGHT?

Sw

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Shunning is for schoolyard children and retards. But even those silly kids give it up after a few minutes and all is forgotten. The JW's show exactly who they represent when they ignore people that they supposedly "loved", sometimes for decades~ Jerkovah the Almighty Wannabe.

One day, when karma catches up to them and they're all being hunted down like rats for their practices, we can show them what the True God is all about when we treat them with love and compassion.

• jworld
    jworld

Has anyone used this article with their family? I want to send it to my parents and was looking for any experiences people have had with it.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Marking

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Very interesting post. It is amazing how the rank and file just accept anything the WTS says currently with no idea of what was taught in the past.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

http://ia700407.us.archive.org/34/items/1947Awake/1947_Awake.pdf

Here's the entire article. I can see a die hard twisting it. But it's fairly clear

• 00DAD
    00DAD

jworld, I sent this image to my 18 year old son that is still in. Guess what his response was:

00SON: Dad, are you an apostate?

00DAD: Why would you ask me that?

00SON: Because it seems like you're trying to get me to question my beliefs.

00DAD: Because I sent you a scan of a WT article? Don't you read the WT? What could possibly be wrong with me sending you a scan of an old WT?

00SON: Um, I don't know. Please don't send me any more things like this.

00DAD: It's a WT article son, how could that possibly upset you?

00SON: I don't want to talk about it anymore.

00DAD: Oh-kay! (shaking my head in disbelief)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit