[JPEG] Memorial Partakers Worldwide: 11,202

by possible-san 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Exactly...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'm sure there are varied elements to the reason why the numbers keep on climbing upward,

one might very well be that there are many individuals who have been associated with this organization

for many years , as such they believe therefore they are deserving of this higher lofty position.

My mother in law says she's of the anointed and she's quite the crackpot who's been married already 6 times,

go figure. I'm sure the long and pressing insinuation that the system of things is just around the corner

and all are due wisely to prepare for it , might insight people to get closer to god as they say as an act

of preservation.

Human psychology can be very frail and sensitive to when insinuations of violent death are being impressed upon people's mind set.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, I can imagine that it would be eventually WORSE for the society to actually have the number of partakers thin out and go to near-zero like the law of math would suggest.

How would they explain how all the annointed (except about 9 on the GB born in the 1950s) are gone and STILL no end of the world?

Easier to just suggest that the 144,000 was not quite as full up as they used to believe.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Some of us may recall the day when we were 'privileged' to be in a congregation with one or two 'anointed' members. This was a kind of pride-card to play at times. It was an honor to 'work' with them in the 'ministry' too. By getting more exposure to the anointed, this may in fact work in the society's favor in keeping the flock focused.

Not many will bother to run the numbers. I did it about 2 or 3 years before I read CoC, and knew that something was seriously wrong. Anyone who does it will have the same notions - but the society doesn't give a shit about those people - they are disposable if they start to upset the flock by talking about it. I would say the GB has done a risk/reward assessment and feels there is more reward than risk here. A nice 2/3 vote was taken sometime and the doctrine changed - shikinah light and all you know.

This move allows them to later reapply nuuuu light about the generation suggesting that as it shrinks [once they put a Rutherford stranglehold on it like he did], that the 'end is nigh'. Each succeeding generation of Jw's is mostly ignorant to the past history - and so what worked in the past will work again without much hiccup. They are setting the table for persons of less History IQ than we give credit for the most part. The flock is sheeple, not thinkers.

Jeff

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Some of us may recall the day when we were 'privileged' to be in a congregation with one or two 'anointed' members. This was a kind of pride-card to play at times. It was an honor to 'work' with them in the 'ministry' too. By getting more exposure to the anointed, this may in fact work in the society's favor in keeping the flock focused.

That is a very valid point, AK Jeff. We had two in our congregation back in 1962 when my parents first started going and they were both dead before 1970. Maybe they feel they need a few sprinkled around to kind of back up the teaching - even if they are far younger than they should be by previous JW logic.

Also true is your point that hardly any active witnesses know anything about the past history of the organization and may not even be aware of the old 1935 cutoff taught by Rutherford. Such JWs would see nothing wrong with all the GB being in middle age, or 30 year old annointed ones.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I really believe this will blamed on apostates. By claiming secret apostates are distorting the number of partakers, it explains the increase in addition to firing up the troops.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I really believe this will blamed on apostates. By claiming secret apostates are distorting the number of partakers, it explains the increase in addition to firing up the troops.

Maybe they could get that crazy, - maybe. But wouldn't that run the risk of practically calling every annointed one a potential (even a likely) apostate?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

"Maybe they could get that crazy, - maybe. But wouldn't that run the risk of practically calling every annointed one a potential (even a likely) apostate?"

If they did it in a "Satan is sneaky" kind of way, but not making a big deal about it, it would work.

It would also keep the number from going up too much as everyone would think twice before drinking the wine.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They must have a plan. I can see a special talk being given in 2014 at the District Conventions where they will state that new light has shown them that the 144,000 number was symbolical after all.

I agree they have a plan, but telling everyone their core doctrine that everything hinges from was actually not real.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It would also keep the number from going up too much as everyone would think twice before drinking the wine.

Yes, that is true. And, it would enhance the "holy aura" of the ones still drinking the wine.

But, in the long run, it would seem that the number would have to eventually go down for such a strategy to really work.

I have a sort of back-hand theory that this kind of thinking could be used to fudge the numbers - each congregation could be guided as to which "annointed" to count - thus controlling the numbers.

We did this (in a small scale way) back in the 1970s - if you were too far out on a limb with the local cong, and were partaking, we were told not to count such as person in the report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit